vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

18.06. & 17.07.18 - O2 Arena, London (ENG)

Offline retro

• vaf | Immortality
Antwort #75 am: 18. Juli 2018 um 08:17
Pearl Jam
O2 Arena
London, UK
Show Two
July 17, 2018
Set List

Band Onstage: 8:24
Band Offstage: 11:21
Walk On Music: Metamorphosis #2-Phillip Glass

01. Oceans
02. Nothing As It Seems

(“Here we go…”)
03. Go
04. Corduroy
05. Save You
06. Do The Evolution
(Asks for lights to come up so he can see everybody.  Points to sections of the audience and drinks to them.  He singles out a guy with a beard and a tank top.  Ed asks the crowd to be careful because there is no middle barricade. 
This has been weighing on my mind for the last three weeks.  I just want to offer my deepest apology to all of you, and thank you guys, the band and crew.  The energy you gave me helped with the recovery.  I look forward to paying it back all night so in the immortal words of Marvin Gaye, “Let’s Get It On”.)
07. Given To Fly
08. In Hiding
09. I Am Mine
10. Green Disease
(Ed notes that they are taking some requests tonight.  The long time monitor tech is giving Ed a fresh vocal mic when Ed decides to introduce the normally reserved tech to the audience.  Ed describes him as being a local boy.  Asking Peter the tech where he is from Peter replies Cornwall.  Ed can’t believe he is from there because Pearl Jam don’t pay him nearly enough to live there.  He asks the audience to cheer for Peter from Cornwall and says that they do give him occasional raises.  Peter manages to escape the bright, hot lights with the worn out mic and Ed gets the next song going)
11. Even Flow
(Let’s hear how loud you can get for Mr. Mike McCready on the guitar.  Ed says he is glad to see that Baby Trump was outside.  He also comments that they saw stories saying that if you were traveling abroad as an American that there going to be protests and if protesters find out you are American you might get hurt.  “We have never found and neither has our crew any sort of animosity directed towards us.”  He says in a weird way that Trump is bringing people together because they are joining together in protest.  He goes onto read some of his favorite signs he saw during the protests.  “Perhaps the best was ‘a girl’s place is in the resistance’, so women of the world, take over)
12. Daughter/It's OK-(Cole)-tag 3:14

(Matt and his wife April were the first of the band to have children and Ed says we have all learned so much from them.  He praises Matt’s daughter Josie for being such a trooper on the whole tour and is sure she is ready to get back to her friends but he has loved having her around.  This next song is for the great Cameron family)
13.  You Are
14.  Satan’s Bed
15.  Can’t Deny Me
(Ed says “The people have spoken, and they said (sotto voce) “Sweet Lew,” no, "Let Stone sing!"  So, ladies and gentlemen, Stone Gossard.  Stone thanks Ed and says, I really want to thank Ed for leading this band for all these years. Now it is my turn to sing (this is close but not 100%). 
16. Mankind
Towards the end the song falls apart and Stone gives up.  “This is probably why Ed doesn’t let me sing..)  Eventually the crowd starts chanting “Let Jeff sing.” Jeff seems interested but Ed says  “Jeff won’t be singing tonight.” Jeff pipes up, “I have a sore throat!”  Ed says “that is a dig at me isn’t you fucker?” (with a laugh).  “Look, Matt has released his own records, Mike can sing.  If I let you hear these guys sing then I am out of a job. It is all I have…”)

17. Whipping
18. Lukin
19. Rearviewmirror
(Because of the press of the crowd Ed asks Kille to turn up the lights so he can see and asks the band to slow down.  The band slows and gets quiet. EV implores the audience to take three steps back on the count of three.  For me it would be a beautiful thing and for you.  He counts it off and the audience does as he requests.  When things are calm the band finishes the song at full speed and volume)

Encore Break One
(Ed says the next song is by someone who was a friend of the band that they lost recently.  We seem to be losing a lot…. well, that is life I guess.  I think of this song as political as well.  He talks for a bit about life and loss and says Jeff heard a story about a women who came to the first few shows but for health reasons didn’t think she would be able to see anymore.  The good news is she is here tonight. Andrea Oaks.)

20. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)-Ed solo vocal and electric guitar
21. Fatal (full band)
(There is a group of people that have been to about 203 shows or something and I think outside of Sweet Lew we would play anything for them so this is for them)
22. Around The Bend
23. Jeremy
24. Mind Your Manners
25. Breath
(During song Ed asks Big Pete to keep an eye on a certain section of the audience)

(Ed wants to acknowledge a couple of birthdays.  One is the bands chef, Sam, who is brought on stage and the other is Stone Gossard who is having a birthday shortly after the tour.  Ed gets the audience to sing them Happy Birthday and the cake is mashed into Stone and Sam.  Stone is temporarily blinded and struggles a bit. Ed has to help him wipe cake off.  Ed tells us, “There were two candles and one went into his left eye and the other went into his right eye, can you carry on Stone?  Getting old is a bitch!  This song is about sharing wine and cake)

26. Crazy Mary-(Williams)Paint It Black-(Jagger/Richards) instrumental tag in jam approx. 30 seconds
(Mike comes over to Boom so they can solo together.  Stone goes to Jeff’s side where it looks like Jeff asks Stone about his eyes)
27. Porch

Encore Break Two
(Ed reminisces about playing the club Borderline and other places in the early days.  “We just gotta play one song to the back.)
28. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town-(played to audience behind the stage)
29. Wasted Reprise
(Ed talks about how hard Matt Cameron works and says the hardest working people are these folks down in the front.  He says the band has been together for a long time and we love each other and are brothers.  And our crew are brothers and sisters. Give them a hand, they have been with us for 20 plus years.  But really it is you (the audience) who have supported us and given us all of these years.  Thank you)
30. Alive
31. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
32. Yellow Ledbetter
(After the goodbyes and the rest of the band has left the stage Ed has Rob Skinner, the band photographer, take a picture of him in front of the audience holding bottles of wine and standing on his monitors.  Although the band had left minutes ago they come back to play one more song.)
33. All Along The Watchtower-(Dylan) 

THANKS SEA
20/576/125
96 - Zürich 
00 - Nürburg, Zürich  06 - Bern  07 - München, Neuhausen o.E.-SoSi 09 - Berlin
10 - Berlin  12 - Berlin, Berlin II, Stockholm 14 - Amsterdam, Amsterdam II, Milan  17 - EV Berlin  18 - Amsterdam, Amsterdam II, Prag, Berlin 19 - EV Berlin, Düsseldorf
22 - B-F-Z-W-P  tbc

Offline Tomcat

• vaf | Off He Goes
  • Space is the place!
Antwort #76 am: 18. Juli 2018 um 11:17
Liest sich traumhaft, der Tourabschluss! Speziell für die verrücktesten VAFler unter uns ;-)

Wenn sie auf ihren Tournen den Backkatalog so geil aufrufen wie auf dieser Tour und die Spiellaune so hoch bleibt, können sie gerne alle 2 Jahre wiederkommen. Auch ohne neues Album (warum nicht mal wieder was Richtung No Code oder experimenteller?). Bei Eddies Stimme wird man wohl weiter Abstriche machen müssen aber das ist dann halt so - sein Charisma ist weiter ungebrochen. Hatte nur 2 Shows (AMS II  und Berlin) und bin auch damit sehr zufrieden. Pearl Jam sind ein Lebensgefühl. Ganz stark und wunderbar!
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Juli 2018 um 11:20 von Tomcat »

Offline Tyler Durden

• vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • Nimm einen tiefen Zug, dann kannst Du gut kacken!
Antwort #77 am: 18. Juli 2018 um 13:15
Haben wir schon erwähnt, dass lt. Eddie die nächste Europatour pünktlich zur kommenden Europameisterschaft in zwei Jahren stattfindet? Fangt schonmal an zu sparen.... ;)
88/2511/244

Bis zum bitteren Ende.......95 ole!

"Man macht auch nicht in drei Tagen aus einer Würstchenbude eine Großraumdiskothek." (Norbert Meier)

Offline Charles Everett Decker

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
Antwort #78 am: 18. Juli 2018 um 13:45
"Müssen" sie nicht schon nächsten Jahr wiederkommen, mit dem neuen Album?  ;)

(Wenigstens arbeitstechnisch könnte das eine große Erleichterung für mich sein; ich fände das super - und dann im 2-Jahresrhythmus, immer außerhalb vom Fußball...)

Setlist - war wohl ganz gut. Tja. Freue mich aufs Boot.
"Was wolln Sie jetzt von mir; was wolln Sie!?" (P. Mertesacker 30.06.2014)

Offline Vasall

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • hey ho let's go
Antwort #79 am: 19. Juli 2018 um 19:07
Damit auch alle wissen, warum Tyler, Dercheef und ich am Dienstag die letzte Show* gesehen haben    :D

* na ja, vielleicht sehen wir uns doch noch eine an  >:D ;)

Offline hummelchen09

• vaf | Better Man
Antwort #80 am: 19. Juli 2018 um 19:57
Großartig 👍
Landgraaf 92 - A'dam 96 - RaR/HH 00 - Arnheim/Berlin 06 - D'dorf/Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam/London 09 - Dublin/Nijmegen/Berlin 10 - A'dam I+II/Berlin I+II/Kopenhagen 12 - A'dam I+II/Wien 14 - A'dam I+II/Landgraaf/Prag/Barcelona 18 - Berlin/Zürich/FF/A‘dam 22
EV A'dam I/Antwerpen 17; Brüssel/D'dorf 19

Offline Vasall

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • hey ho let's go