vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

Tokyo Setlist

Offline Dennis

• vaf | Given To Fly
am: 03. März 2003 um 14:25
March 3, 2003 - Budokan, Tokyo, Japan
Set List: Release, Can't Keep, Save You, Hail Hail, Dissident, Love Boat Captain, Small Town, Given To Fly, Lukin, Not For You, Daughter, You Are, I Am Mine, Better Man, Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Blood;
1st encore: Bushleaguer, Know Your Rights, Don't Go, Black, U, Breath, Rearviewmirror;
2nd encore: Don't Be Shy, Soon Forget, Last Kiss, Yellow Ledbetter, Alive
I think we have a grandios Saison gespielt!

Offline JustinCognito

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
Antwort #1 am: 03. März 2003 um 14:36
Release und Don´t be Shy (Just let your feelings roll on by). Herrlich
...from the heart of my bottom!

Offline Bu$hleaguer

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
  • I´M STILL ALIVE
Antwort #2 am: 03. März 2003 um 18:12
Wow super geile Setlist.
Am besten gefällt mir, das sie nach Yellow Ledbetter noch einen mit Alive draufsetzen.

Man bin ich froh, dass ich mir die Show bestellt hab.  8)
I have faced it,... A life wasted,...
I'm never going back again.

Darkness comes in waves,... tell me,
why invite it to stay?

Offline jobst

• Kastanienmädchen
  • vaf | Olympic Platinum
Antwort #3 am: 03. März 2003 um 18:40
Ich freu mich jedenfalls schon auf den Erlebnisbericht von Joel.  :D
Karriere beendet.

Offline JustinCognito

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
Antwort #4 am: 03. März 2003 um 18:45

YOU WANT THIS BOOTLEG

Walking in the rain through a Buddhist temple, a Shinto Shrine, and a Zen garden, an old Japanese gate reminiscent of Samurai movies... My wife and I find our way to our seats in the Nippon Budokan (Martial Arts Center) at 7:05 pm, show starts at about 7:06. I'm 15 rows back, dead center.

The band comes out revved, crowd loud as hell, band eases into Release. Everyone around me singing loudly. They crash through the first several killer songs with no break. Then Eddie thanks and compliments the crowd in Japanese. He spoke Japanese several times tonight and the crowd loved it.

But this show was about the music, the language of rock and roll. Matt, Stone, Mike, Jeff were so perfect and synced, the crowd was electrified. The effort, perfection, and originality they showed reminded me of their last show in 2001. They put a couple twists here and there, especially at the end of old songs.

Eddie's vocals were perfect, emotional, and dedicated. He sang with so much love you could feel it in the vocals and his body language. They obviously prepared for a special show, and that's what they gave us. The acoustics in the venue only complimented the music. The crowd was groovin' from the start.

At the start of Even Flow, the floor starts to rumble and doesn't stop until the show is over. This is Not For You ended more beautifully than I have ever heard. The Japanese crowd, worried these days about N. Korea and other issues, loudly approves the "War what is it good for?", "please no war", "it's ok" montage to end Daughter.

By mid-set the everything is sounding amazing. Stone and Mike are so loud and soooo gooood. The guys sound as good as any musicians I've ever heard. The trance mode sets in with me and the crowd... so what does the band do? next You Are, I Am Mine, Better man, Corduroy -- the crowd is in hysterics... Evolution, BLOOOOD - the crowd is just nuts during Blood, jumping, dancing, but staying near their seats, no problems, just love and music in the air.

Encore I ends, Eddie comes out with the Bush mask and shiny "Bono" style jacket. Bush isn't so popular outside of Texland, so the crowd loves it. Band cuts into Bushleaguer, the Bush mask on the mic stand -- smoking. Then the band goes into a beautiful rendition of "You know your rights" - JOE STRUMMER!!!! "This is a public service announcement with a guitar..." It was so fricken cool.

As if the crowd hasn't had enough, the band cuts into Don't Go. And my all time favorite - BLACK. Treats us to U. Crowd roars again during Breath, RV Mirror,

Encore II starts off with Eddie alone singing Cat Stevens' Don't Be Shy. It was so beautiful, my wife is teary eyed. Then we get the Ukelele, Last Kiss, and then the lights come on and the crowd boos, the band <acts> surprised. Cuts into Yellow Ledbetter, and ends with ALIVE... the show's over, but we want some more sir. It was all love tonight, people hugging strangers as the show ends.

Seven shows in 10 years, this was my favorite. To me the guys have become <maybe always have been> the best live band. Certainly today, and right up with the best of all time.

David
Tokyo

Set list:
Release
Can't Keep
Even Flow
Save You
Hail Hail
Dissident
Love Boat Cpt
Small Town
Given to Fly
Lukin/This is not for you with an amazing emotional ending
Daughter - mini version War, What is it Good For.. & improve "Please no War" & mini "It's okay"
You Are
I am Mine
Better Man"
CORDUROY - crowd errupting now
Evolution
Blood !!! Crowd goes off the wall, just crazy...
Encore 1
Bush-leaguer
"You Know Your Rights" Joe Strummer Cover "This is a public service announcement with a guitar..."
Don't Go
Black
U, (the song "U", B-side on Wishlist Single)
Breath !!!! crowd now unconscious
Rearview Mirror - Crowd in constant gyrations
Encore II
Don't be shy, Cat Stevens cover - Eddie sings solo with guitar, girls (& grown men) start to cry
Soon Forget - Eddie alone on ukulele
Last Kiss
<floor lights come on>
Yellow Ledbetter
Alive - nobody leaves for a few minutes, people sweating, catching breath, hugging
...from the heart of my bottom!