vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

Neues von Brad

· 138 · 89486

edakasimon

• Gast
am: 16. Januar 2005 um 15:28
Von giventowail.com, sehr sehr schön:

In an email sent to subscriber's of Brad's mailing list, the band offered updates on what they're currently up to and what they've got planned for 2005. The band is currently at work on it's 4th studio album (demos have been around since early spring 2004) and have posted a new song entitled "Low" available for download.

to download the song in .mp3 format off the Brad Corporation site. The band also mentions the launch of the new BradCorporation Forum.

When Brad releases more information about their new album, we'll have it for you. Here is a copy of the email sent to subscribers:

Hey there and welcome to the first Brad Newsletter of 2005!

Firstly, thanks for joining. As a subscriber to this list you'll get many Brad exclusives. So to kick things off, here are the links to the new Brad forum and to one of our new songs called 'Low'. We love it and we hope you do too.

We are currently sifting though dozens of tracks, some recent and some from previous album sessions, to complete the new record. The official Brad website will be launched very soon but in the meantime don't forget to check out the Establishment Store for all those Brad-related goodies.

With thanks,
bradcorporation.com

« Letzte Änderung: 16. Januar 2005 um 15:29 von ed »

Offline JustinCognito

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
Antwort #1 am: 16. Januar 2005 um 16:55
Also low steht da schon seit Oktober zum Download bereit...finde den song sehr stark. Schöner mittlteil!
Brad Alben kann mans icha uch immer gefahrlos kaufen deswegen werd ich mich da drauf freuen
...from the heart of my bottom!

Offline SeaChange

• vaf | 1/2 Full
Antwort #2 am: 16. Januar 2005 um 19:00
Klingt ja super ... Ein weiteres Album, auf das ich mich dieses Jahr freuen kann  :D

Brad Alben kann mans icha uch immer gefahrlos kaufen

Da kann ich dir nur zustimmen :)
It's great to be alive!

Coming from God knows where, Music speaks directly as our deep intuitions about love, life, death, and can, in those rare, rapturous moments, give us a glimpse into who we truly are. - EK

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Antwort #3 am: 17. Januar 2005 um 15:09
Also low steht da schon seit Oktober zum Download bereit...finde den song sehr stark. Schöner mittlteil!
Brad Alben kann mans icha uch immer gefahrlos kaufen deswegen werd ich mich da drauf freuen

Also ich habe momentan keine Möglichkeit mir Sachen aus dem Internet herunterzuladen/anzuhören, aber ist der Track aus dem letzten Jahr nicht "out of the dark" gewesen?
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you

edakasimon

• Gast
Antwort #4 am: 18. Januar 2005 um 00:31
Out of the dark gibt es auch, aber Low scheint doch etwas neuerer zu sein, wenn ich mich nicht irre.
Sind jedenfalls zwei verschiedene Songs, wenn du das meintest.

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #5 am: 18. Januar 2005 um 22:42
Sind jedenfalls zwei verschiedene Songs, wenn du das meintest.

Das wollte ich nur wissen, danke!

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #6 am: 10. März 2005 um 10:49
So, ganz neue Infos zu neuen Veröffentlichngen und wenn man den Herren auf der BRAD Homepage glauben darf, dann kommen demnächst 2 neue Brad Alben heraus.
Fast fertig ist wohl das Album mit dem Titel: Brad vs. Satchel

Brad vs Satchel tracklist:

1. Looking forward (1997 Satchel session)
2. Peace & quiet (1997 Satchel session)
3. Takin' it back (1997 Satchel session)
4. Roll over (2001 Brad session)
5. Whose side are you on (1997 Satchel session)
6. I don't know if...you'll (2001 Brad session)
7. 3 o'clock (2001 Brad session)
8. Summertime song (2001 Brad session)
9. I must confess (2001 Brad session)
10. Awake (2001 Brad session)
11. Playground (2001 Brad session)

The 1997 Satchel sessions are from just after guitarist John Hoag left the band and Shawn stepped in to take up the guitar duties. All the 2001 Brad material is culled from the fruitful Welcome to Discovery Park sessions and which wouldn't fit on the final release. We actually played some of these songs live so some of you might be familiar with them.

Incidentally, two songs which did make the final cut onto Welcome to Discovery Park, Never Let Each Other Down and If You Could Make It Good are from the very same 1997 Satchel sessions. So that'll give you a feel for the first half of 'Brad vs Satchel'.

We'll have more details of release dates, downloads and news of the second Brad record very soon.

http://www.bradcorporation.com/index2.html

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
So, ganz neue Infos zu neuen Veröffentlichngen und wenn man den Herren auf der BRAD Homepage glauben darf, dann kommen demnächst 2 neue Brad Alben heraus.
Fast fertig ist wohl das Album mit dem Titel: Brad vs. Satchel

Brad vs Satchel tracklist:

1. Looking forward (1997 Satchel session)
2. Peace & quiet (1997 Satchel session)
3. Takin' it back (1997 Satchel session)
4. Roll over (2001 Brad session)
5. Whose side are you on (1997 Satchel session)
6. I don't know if...you'll (2001 Brad session)
7. 3 o'clock (2001 Brad session)
8. Summertime song (2001 Brad session)
9. I must confess (2001 Brad session)
10. Awake (2001 Brad session)
11. Playground (2001 Brad session)

The 1997 Satchel sessions are from just after guitarist John Hoag left the band and Shawn stepped in to take up the guitar duties. All the 2001 Brad material is culled from the fruitful Welcome to Discovery Park sessions and which wouldn't fit on the final release. We actually played some of these songs live so some of you might be familiar with them.

Incidentally, two songs which did make the final cut onto Welcome to Discovery Park, Never Let Each Other Down and If You Could Make It Good are from the very same 1997 Satchel sessions. So that'll give you a feel for the first half of 'Brad vs Satchel'.

We'll have more details of release dates, downloads and news of the second Brad record very soon.

http://www.bradcorporation.com/index2.html

Das Album ist jetzt exklusiv über die establishmentstore Seite zu beziehen.

http://www.establishmentstore.com/store/home.php?send_isJS=Y&send_browser=YNY|MSIE|6.0|Win32|Y|1024|768|

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #8 am: 19. Januar 2006 um 02:02
Scheint ein Jahr mit mehreren Veröffentlichungen aus dem PJ Lager zu werden:

Brad Finishing Up Fourth Album

January 18, 2006, 11:00 AM ET

Greg Prato, N.Y.
On-again/off-again Seattle rock act Brad is close to finishing its fourth studio album. The set was recorded in 2003, after the group had returned from an Australian tour, and has a proposed title of "Best Friends." Guitarist Stone Gossard and drummer Regan Hagar are whittling down the material to album length, and are currently at 13 tracks.

"I would say it's maybe more delicate than the others," Hagar tells Billboard.com. "I think that it shows how we've all aged and mellowed. But I think it's got some really great Stone work in it -- we don't always get that from him. He has to write a lot for Pearl Jam, but for some reason, I felt that we got some really good Stone. It just seemed to blend really well with Shawn [Smith, singer/pianist]."

Several songs that should appear on "Best Friends" include "Every Whisper," "Low" (an MP3 of which can be found on Brad's Web site), "Without Regret," "Price of Love," "Believe in Yourself" and "Rush Hour."

"Some of them we played out a couple of times," explains Hagar. "The song 'Every Whisper' originally had Stone singing on it too, then we replaced it with Shawn, so it would be more continuous throughout the album. Stone's quite the singer nowadays."

"[Stone] also wrote a song called 'Holiday' that he's not sure of, but I really love and I think will be on the record," he continues. "'Without Regret' has I think Stone on drums, Shawn on guitar [and] I played slide guitar on it -- that's kind of rocking. 'Price of Love' might be the opener. 'Rush Hour' was written by [bassist] Mike Berg. That is very Satchel-like [a '90s band that featured Berg, Smith and Hagar] -- full chord, large, airy and big, but very loud. 'Low' is a bit of an odd number. Stone's playing bass and there's no guitar on it."
Although it's been nearly four years since Brad's last studio effort, 2002's 'Welcome to Discovery Park,' the group recently issued an outtakes set, "Brad vs. Satchel," via Hagar's Establishment Store site. "It's the band roughing out songs, and to me, that's a special quality that I love," he says. "I love demos. I like the finished, polished-up versions, but I like to go back to the old tapes and listen to what it sounds like to have four instruments playing in a room together, as opposed to four instruments, three background vocals [and] three keyboards over the top. I see 'Brad vs. Satchel' as a band in a room."

With Gossard busy on a new Pearl Jam studio album and tour and Smith fronting the new band the Diamond Hand, Hagar is still optimistic "Best Friends" will be out this year. "We thought about putting it out on Establishment Store, and I think that we will sooner than later if something doesn't happen," Hagar says. "I'd love to find some label that would put their arm around Shawn Smith and take on his records that the Establishment Store sells, and Brad. I'd love to have one home with an infrastructure that could take care of it."

billboard

Offline stamson

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Got some if you need it
Antwort #9 am: 08. Februar 2007 um 23:28
Best Friends steht auf der Brad Seite für 2007 als unreleased CD drin.
Der Kunde kommt zum Käufer Tour 2010.
Es hat nie ein Ende

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #10 am: 08. Februar 2007 um 23:30

Hätte dann ja nur ein Jahr gedauert, nicht schlecht.

Offline stamson

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
Antwort #11 am: 08. Februar 2007 um 23:54

Hätte dann ja nur ein Jahr gedauert, nicht schlecht.

Wobei auf der Shawn Smith Seite noch nix daovn steht.
Da stehen nur
2007 From The North - The Friendship Ring

2007 The Diamond Hand - Here Come The Holy Rollers

Aber ist ja auch interessant
Es hat nie ein Ende

Offline ApfelGeld

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • שלום ישראל
Antwort #12 am: 11. August 2007 um 00:59
Laut MP gibt es einen neuen Brad-Song zu hören:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=254180

Offline stamson

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
Antwort #13 am: 11. August 2007 um 10:22
Laut MP gibt es einen neuen Brad-Song zu hören:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=254180

Scheint wohl doch "nur" ein neuer Shawn Smith Song zu sein.
Aber egal. Gut ist er trotzdem
Es hat nie ein Ende

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #14 am: 06. September 2007 um 21:12
Momentan sieht es so aus, das Stone Eds Solo Ausflug und die "Babypause" bei Pearl Jam für ein paar Brad Shows im Herbst nutzen wird.
zumindest geht das durch diverse Seattle Blogs und Newsletter.