vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

.::: 02.09.2005 - Vancouver, CAN - GM Place :::.

edakasimon

• Gast
Antwort #45 am: 05. September 2005 um 13:13
Hört sich sehr geil an und da sieht man das jede Show was für sich kann: (von twofeetthick)

During the Supersuckers set, Ed came out in the silver Bushleaguer suit and a white wrestling mask with silver eyeholes and mouth (same used in Mexico '03) and performed X's "Poor Girl" with the band. The costumed Ed mundanely came out, sang the song, bowed with the band and exited the stage. Taking the stage at 8:52 PM, all the seats in the arena were filled in the side and rear stage of the venue (unlike Missoula and the Gorge show), no backdrop. In addition to Jeff's bass amps being painted in large letters spelling out "BASS", he has an American flag painted with a large glow-in-the-dark skull in the area where the stars are. Ed broke out a mirror during "1/2 Full", first panning slowly across the crowd then quickly flashing it in circles like a siren. "Love Boat Captain" now starts with a "funkier" guitar intro. "Daughter" included a "W.M.A." tag followed by a shout out soon-to-be-born boy named Wolfgang, so that he could feel the "vibrations" through his mother attending the show. With the disco ball returning during the solo, "Wishlist" included a verse at the end:

"I wish I came from a country that never went to war, I wish I came from a country that took care of its poor, Maybe someday that will change, In the place from where we came, In the meantime, thanks for the example"

During the "Blood" breakdown, Ed sang the "Bow-wow-wow yippee-yo yippee-yay..." from George Clinton's "Atomic Dog". Ed had lyric sheets for both "Blood" and "U", with "U"'s written as "YOU" across the top. "Black" included a vocal experiment where Ed asked the crowd to whistle the "do-do-do-do"s at the end instead of singing. When the whistling became piercing Ed said "Not that loud, that's feedback!". "Porch"'s jam featured Ed and Mike standing on Matt's drum riser playing to the rear, Jeff in another corner. Ed prefaced "I Believe in Miracles" with "This is a song by the greatest rock band in the world". Linda Ramone was in attendance at the show. Ed threw out six tambourines during Baba O'Riley, the last going to a fan in a Johnny Ramone T-Shirt. Jeff spun in circles, putting his index finger on the top of his head mimicking a spinning ballerina during the crescendo at the end of "Baba O'Riley".

Alleine das "Bow-wow-wow yippee-yo yippee-yay..." würde ich zu gerne hören. Der glückliche Wolfgang!?!  ;D ;D ;D
« Letzte Änderung: 05. September 2005 um 13:15 von ed »

Offline RoBSoN

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
Antwort #46 am: 05. September 2005 um 18:12
Footsteps wie geiel!!!
Don't - tell me what I wanna hear
Afraid of never knowing fear
Experience anything you need
I'll keep fighting jealousy
'til it's fucking gone

Offline chewbacca

• vaf | Immortality
Antwort #47 am: 06. September 2005 um 12:08
Alleine das "Bow-wow-wow yippee-yo yippee-yay..." würde ich zu gerne hören. Der glückliche Wolfgang!?!  ;D ;D ;D

hat der das nicht schon früher mal gesungen? ich bilde es mir zumindest ein, vielleicht so um anno 1994?
just because I lost it doesn't mean I want it back

Offline jobst

• Kastanienmädchen
  • vaf | Olympic Platinum
Antwort #48 am: 06. September 2005 um 12:20
Jedenfalls war das ein Daughter-Tag bei Irvine I, 02.06.2003
Karriere beendet.

edakasimon

• Gast
Antwort #49 am: 06. September 2005 um 13:05
Jedenfalls war das ein Daughter-Tag bei Irvine I, 02.06.2003

ich habs mir gerade nochmal angehört. Stimmt. Irvine I 2003. Ich sollte mir die Konzerte besser anhören, zumindest besser einprägen. Peinlich. :-\

Offline Mindcrime

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Too old to rock, too stoned to stop!
Antwort #50 am: 18. September 2005 um 14:49
So, ich arbeite langsam meinen Stapel auf. Am Freitag war dann Vancouver dran.

Sehr schönes Konzert, wenn auch nicht herausragend würde ich sagen. Ed wieder (entgegen meinen ersten Befürchtungen) stimmlich auf der Höhe. "Release" als Opener natürlich bombig. Auch die "Evenflow"- und "Daughter"-Versionen. "Nothingman" und "Betterman" sehr intensiv, ebenso "Immortality". "Bee Girl" - schön, dass sie es mal gespielt haben, der Knaller ist es nicht. "Black" wird immer mehr zu meinem persönlichen Favoriten auf der Tour.
vaf-Tipp-Meister 2004, 2016 / Sieger vaf-Kicktippliga 2005, 2006 / ConfedCup-Sieger 2005 / vaf-Pokalsieger 2012

Offline Tyler Durden

• vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • Nimm einen tiefen Zug, dann kannst Du gut kacken!
Antwort #51 am: 18. September 2005 um 16:27
Ich arbeite mich ähnlich wie Mindcrime durch die Konzerte....und mir gefallen vor allem Even Flow (wenn die Meute den Refrain singt), Jeremy (grossartig!), selbstverständlich Black und Indifference sorgt bei mir immer wieder für Gänsehaut......! Aus meiner Sicht ist das die geilste Tour seit Jahren! Super Setlists (bis auf 1-2 Konzerte), starke Performances und vor allem, fast immer, ein tolles Publikum! Bin echt neidisch auf Jobst und die anderen und ich hoffe für uns alle, dass unser Traum war wird und PJ nächstes Jahr Europa rocken!! Dann wird erstmal für drei Wochen Urlaub eingereicht und ab geht die Post.....ich nehm soviel wie möglich mit! 
88/2511/244

Bis zum bitteren Ende.......95 ole!

"Man macht auch nicht in drei Tagen aus einer Würstchenbude eine Großraumdiskothek." (Norbert Meier)