vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

.::: 28.09.2005 - Pittsburgh - PNC Park :::.

Offline jobst

• Kastanienmädchen
  • vaf | Olympic Platinum
am: 28. September 2005 um 20:55
Heute abend spielen Pearl Jam als Support für die Rolling Stones. Mal sehen, wie lange sie spielen dürfen und welche Songs sie dafür aus der Kiste holen.

Set: Go, Corduroy, Animal, Even Flow, Gimme Some Truth, Given To Fly, Daughter, Black, Betterman/(Save It For Later), Jeremy, Last Kiss, Alive, Save You, Rockin' In The Free World
Ed w/Rolling Stones: Wild Horses
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Oktober 2005 um 09:33 von jobst »
Karriere beendet.

Offline Elrohir

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Carpe diem!
Antwort #1 am: 28. September 2005 um 21:07
Jep, da bin ich auch gespannt.
Ich hab da so einen Videomitschnitt von 1996. Da hab ich das Gefühl, daß Ed da irgendwie nicht so richtig wie sonst abgeht. Kann mich aber auch irren und es ist ja nur so ein Gefühl. ???
Je weniger einer braucht, desto mehr nähert er sich den Göttern, die gar nichts brauchen - Sokrates

Marseille - Mailand - Berlin 2006
München - London - Düsseldorf 2007
Rotterdam - Berlin 2009
Berlin 2010
2x Amsterdam - 2x Berlin 2012
2x Amsterdam - Wien - Berlin 2014
Amsterdam 2017 (EV)
Berlin2018

Offline Stargazer

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
Antwort #2 am: 28. September 2005 um 21:34
1996?
 ???
I can watch and not take part where i end and where you start

Offline MineAmI

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
Antwort #3 am: 28. September 2005 um 21:55
1996?
 ???

ich frage mich eher: VIDEOMITSCHNITT? :)

wo kriegt man den her?

war übrigens 1997

Offline MineAmI

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
Antwort #4 am: 28. September 2005 um 22:08
pj's set beginnt übrigens angeblich um 18:30 pittsburgh time, das wäre in ca 2 1/2 stunden :)

Offline Elrohir

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Carpe diem!
Antwort #5 am: 28. September 2005 um 23:00
1996?
 ???

Tschuldigung - war natürlich 1997, 14. November - Oakland, CA.
Je weniger einer braucht, desto mehr nähert er sich den Göttern, die gar nichts brauchen - Sokrates

Rotterdam - Berlin 2009
Berlin 2010
Amsterdam 2017 (EV)
Berlin2018

Offline Elrohir

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Carpe diem!
Antwort #6 am: 29. September 2005 um 06:14
So....das Set (Quelle TSIS):

Set: Go, Corduroy, Animal, Even Flow, Gimme Some Truth, Given To Fly, Daughter, Black, Betterman/(Save It For Later), Jeremy, Last Kiss, Alive, Save You, Rockin' In The Free World
Ed w/Rolling Stones: Wild Horses

Irgendwie Songs, die wohl am bekanntesten sein dürften, was ich verstehe, da ja das Hauptset die Stones spielen und somit wohl überwiegend Stones-Fans da auflaufen. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 29. September 2005 um 06:17 von Elrohir »

Rotterdam - Berlin 2009
Berlin 2010
Amsterdam 2017 (EV)
Berlin2018

edakasimon

• Gast
Antwort #7 am: 29. September 2005 um 14:51
vom stones board www.stonesdoug.com:

Just back from the show. The attendence for Pearl Jam was amazing. I arrived at 6:15 and there were huge lines to enter the venue. They went on at 7 PM and the place was at least 3/4 full. By the middle of the set I'd say almost totally full. I have never seen anything close to this for any Stones opening act.

By the time the Stones went on the place was totally full - even in the obstructed view area - must have been all those tickets they comped - yeah, right!

Offline The Ocean

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • I got memories, I got shit, so much it don't show!
Antwort #8 am: 29. September 2005 um 17:50
vom stones board www.stonesdoug.com:

Just back from the show. The attendence for Pearl Jam was amazing. I arrived at 6:15 and there were huge lines to enter the venue. They went on at 7 PM and the place was at least 3/4 full. By the middle of the set I'd say almost totally full. I have never seen anything close to this for any Stones opening act.

By the time the Stones went on the place was totally full - even in the obstructed view area - must have been all those tickets they comped - yeah, right!

Das klingt ja ganz gut...

Weiß jemand näheres über Wild Horses?
we were supposed to rise above.. but we sink... into the ocean

Offline Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • HSV Forever And Ever
Antwort #9 am: 29. September 2005 um 19:12
Ich kenn nur die Setlist der Stones:

Set list:
Start Me Up - You Got Me Rocking - She's So Cold - Tumbling Dice - Rough Justice - Wild Horses (Eddie Vedder joins) - You Can't Always Get What You Want - Rock's Off - Night Time - Intros - The Worst - Infamy - Miss You - Oh No Not You Again - Get Off My Cloud - Honky Tonk Women - Sympathy For The Devil - Paint it Black - It's Only Rock'n'Roll - Jumping Jack Flash - Satisfaction - Brown Sugar
Mal abgesehen von sanitären Einrichtungen, der Medizin, dem Schulwesen, Wein, der öffentlichen Ordnung, der Bewässerung, Straßen, der Wasseraufbereitung und der allgemeinen Krankenkassen, was, frage ich euch, haben die Römer je für uns getan?

Offline Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • HSV Forever And Ever
Antwort #10 am: 29. September 2005 um 23:37
Nettes Review von der Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

Rolling Stones rock their fans inside and out PNC Park

Thursday, September 29, 2005
By Gabrielle Banks and Ed Masley, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

While top-dollar ticket holders awaited the arrival of the Rolling Stones last night inside a packed PNC Park, another party got going on the streets and sidewalks and riverbanks outside the stadium, among hundreds of Stones fans who did not pay a penny for the privilege.

Rock fans without tickets spread picnics on the sloping lawns outside the outfield stands and sipped beers stretched out on yoga mats on the Clemente Bridge. The guitar strains of the Stones and Pearl Jam, the opening act, carried across the rivers and could be heard as far away as Mount Washington.

More than 100 boats anchored on the Allegheny River by the stadium, including a group of about 20 children and two chaperones who paddled up in a canoe.

The Rolling Stones came in promising "A Bigger Bang," and that's exactly what they delivered in a performance that kicked off with fireworks, outer-space video images and flames shooting out of the floor as the band tore into "Start Me Up."

They stayed in trashy rock mode for the first few songs -- "You Got Me Rocking," "She's So Cold" and "Tumbling Dice" -- as Mick Jagger worked the crowd in gold lame, looking sharp and moving like a frontman half his age -- assuming any frontman half his age could hope to move that way.

And when they reached into "A Bigger Bang," their most exciting new release in more than 20 years, for a raucous "Rough Justice," they rocked even harder, displaying a youthful abandon that flew in the face of those premature rumblings about the band's advancing years.

Sam Amata was glad he drove in for the show from Cleveland, even though he'd seen the band Saturday night in Columbus.

"You never know when they're gonna come back intact," he said. "Or at all."

"They inspire me, seeing them running and jumping around like that. It makes me think it might not be so bad when I hit that age," said Amata, 52.

"What's old? I plan to rock 'n' roll until they put the lid down," said Patti Fine, who was 13 when she saw her first Stones concert in 1964. "Look at this place. There's young. There's old. There's middle-aged. They're obviously doing something right."

That something right included dusting off "Paint It Black;" inviting Pearl Jam lead singer Eddie Vedder back to join in on "Wild Horses;" a suitably raucous performance of "Rocks Off" and spirited takes on such overplayed staples as "Sympathy for the Devil," "You Can't Always Get What You Want," "It's Only Rock and Roll (But I Like It)," "Jumpin Jack Flash" and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction." Midway through the set, they rolled a portion of the stage out to the middle of the crowd for "Miss You," another great new rocker called "Oh No Not You Again," "Get Off My Cloud" and "Honky Tonk Women" as a giant inflatable tongue with flowers on it stood in for the band on stage.

This being a stadium show, they brought along a huge production, including two metallic columns of balconies flanking the stage where fans could pay a premium to look down on the show from a really strange angle. But they could have done the same set on an empty stage without detracting from the entertainment value.

Like Pearl Jam's set, for example. Strolling on stage with a bottle of red wine, Vedder told the crowd, "I guess it's our job to get you guys in the mood." But judging from the crowd reaction, Pearl Jam's spot on the bill was far from your typical opening-for-the-Stones scenario.

They had people standing and singing along for almost their entire 60-minute set, a scissor-kicking explosion of punkish abandon and guitar heroics that featured impassioned performances of such modern rock radio staples as "Better Man," "Daughter," "Jeremy" and "Evenflow," which emerged as an epic behind-the-head guitar jam.

And if Vedder's heart was more invested in the newer songs, you never would have known from the intensity he poured into "Alive" and "Jeremy," which he followed by joking, "All right, here's another teen death song for you" as a setup for the band's hit version of the doo-wop classic "Last Kiss."

Other covers ranged from "Rockin' in the Free World" to John Lennon's Nixon-era blast at uptight politicians, "Gimme Some Truth."

So yeah, they did their job. In fact, it's hard to picture many bands that could've followed their opening set. But we're talking the Stones here.
Jagger may be looking older than he did in 1964, but the Stones are still working the stadium circuit for a reason. And it goes beyond their alarmingly youthful frontman. Charlie Watts remains the greatest argument for understated drumming in a rock 'n' roll band, while the other "frontmen," Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards, did exactly what a Stones fan would have wanted them to do on lead guitar, trashing their way through countless variations on those old Chuck Berry licks with Richards tearing it up in particularly raucous fashion on "It's Only Rock and Roll."

"If they lost anything, I don't notice it, because I've lost more," Amata said.

Outside the stadium, Greg Joyce had organized 27 friends and three dogs from the All-States Marina in Glenfield to help celebrate his 46th birthday. Sitting barefoot on a bar stool on the Riverwalk and sipping a beer, Joyce explained that he took a half-day off work to land a choice spot for his house boat.

Perched atop a stairway to the Riverwalk, Erika May, a recent Carnegie Mellon University graduate, strummed Stones and Pearl Jam tunes on a steel-stringed guitar and even made a little money for her efforts.

Although they were outside the big event, many of the Stones fans said they had planned to attend the concert this way since it was first announced.

"Two hundred bucks for a ticket? They've got to be out of their minds," said Jack Fossett.

Quelle

Und ein Bild:
Mal abgesehen von sanitären Einrichtungen, der Medizin, dem Schulwesen, Wein, der öffentlichen Ordnung, der Bewässerung, Straßen, der Wasseraufbereitung und der allgemeinen Krankenkassen, was, frage ich euch, haben die Römer je für uns getan?

Offline The Ocean

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • I got memories, I got shit, so much it don't show!
Antwort #11 am: 30. September 2005 um 15:55
wirklich nett...
auch nettes bild.
we were supposed to rise above.. but we sink... into the ocean

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Antwort #12 am: 22. Oktober 2005 um 14:30
Wer jetzt im RM Forum mal ein wenig im Trading Forum rumsucht, wird dort einen Link für den Track "Wild Horses" (audience)finden.
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Antwort #13 am: 25. November 2005 um 16:44
Jetzt in diesen Minuten im RM Trading Forum ein nicht ganz uninteresanter Link.

Rolling Stones backstage.
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you

Offline Madrigal/Jupp Sacamano

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • all hail the 'chunk
Antwort #14 am: 25. November 2005 um 17:17
Jetzt in diesen Minuten im RM Trading Forum ein nicht ganz uninteresanter Link.

Rolling Stones backstage.

Danke für den Tip, cooles Filmchen!  ;D