vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

.::: 5.10.2005 - Chicago - House Of Blues (Hurricane Benefit) :::.

Offline Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • HSV Forever And Ever
HOB Rolling Stone Review

www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7687812/pearljam?rssfeed=musicnews

Hier ist es:

Man of the hour

Pearl Jam, Plant Unite
Rockers let rip for Chicago Hurricane Katrina benefit

When you pay a thousand bucks for a concert ticket, there better be a damn good reason. And, Wednesday night at Chicago's House of Blues, there was one. The final show on Pearl Jam's tour wasn't on the original itinerary, but once Hurricane Katrina ravaged New Orleans and its surrounding areas, an encore was in order. With all proceeds -- including merchandise sales -- going toward Katrina relief, Pearl Jam headlined the relatively intimate venue, bringing Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation along for support. And the inspired pairing of frontman Eddie Vedder and Plant brought the worthy evening's loosest, most raucous moments.
The price of admission included nearly two hours of Pearl Jam's catalog, ranging from Ten's "Evenflow" and "Porch" to more obscure tracks like "Man of the Hour" and "I Got Id." It was a sermon- and filibuster-free night, devoid of cracks at the Commander in Chief and without a rendition of the band's vitriolic "Bushleaguer." Vedder's first mention of Katrina came during the first encore, when he briefly acknowledged FEMA's failures before adding, "Hopefully they'll learn in the future." That was as didactic as it got.

With a stellar set already behind them, Pearl Jam's second encore made the ticket price seem like a bargain. The band began it with the Yield song "Given to Fly" -- a track both the Seattle rockers and Led Zeppelin have acknowledged owes a debt to the Seventies veterans' "Going to California." Vedder went so far as to dedicate the song to Plant and, as it tapered off, the Strange Sensation supplanted Pearl Jam, with Plant, who'd performed a seven-song opening set, appearing at stage left to transform the song into the tune that inspired it. Vedder, bassist Jeff Ament and guitarist Mike McCready stood back and were regaled by the Tall Cool One.

Next, Pearl Jam jumped back in so that Vedder and Plant could trade verses on rock & roll standards "Little Sister" and the appropriate "Money (That's What I Want)." Plant dusted off a song he's never performed live (or just doesn't remember performing live), the In Through the Out Door pop nugget "Fool in the Rain." One thing's for certain, neither he nor Vedder remembered the words, and flubbed them often. Afterwards, Plant smiled and conceded, "I never remember the lyrics to me own songs." Warts and all, it was a classic moment, one that would only be upstaged by the show closer, Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World," which featured Plant on -- drum roll, please -- guitar. McCready could be seen actually teaching Plant the chord changes as the supercharged anthem rolled on.

"It's good to know there's still people out there who know how to have fun with their money," Vedder said early on. And to acknowledge the audience's generosity, Vedder got Plant to sing "Thank You." Who could ask for anything more?

BLAIR R. FISCHER
(Posted Oct 06, 2005)
Mal abgesehen von sanitären Einrichtungen, der Medizin, dem Schulwesen, Wein, der öffentlichen Ordnung, der Bewässerung, Straßen, der Wasseraufbereitung und der allgemeinen Krankenkassen, was, frage ich euch, haben die Römer je für uns getan?

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Für den Bootleg würde ich über rostige Nägel laufen.
Wer die 1000 Dollar investiert hat (und sich eine nette Spendenquittung geholt hat), hat wirklich was für sein Geld geboten bekommen, obwohl ich hier jede Wette für einen neuen Song angenommen hätte.

Naja, viel Geld gespart und das kann ich jetzt wohl bei Ebay für das Poster ausgeben.

Für meinen Geldbeutel hoffe ich mal, daß der Brad Klausen demnächst mal eine Pause macht.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you

Offline MineAmI

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
geniales poster!  :o :o haben will!

Offline Addî

• vaf | Immortality
  • Play me my song. Here it comes again.
ne!!
da gibt es aber schönere
Früher war hier mehr los... drecks Facebook & Co

Offline Elrohir

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Carpe diem!
HOB Rolling Stone Review

www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7687812/pearljam?rssfeed=musicnews

Also bei mir funzt der Link. Keine Ahnung, was da ist. Na, ja Apu Nahasapeemapetilon (hoffe das richtig geschrieben zu haben) hat es ja hier netterweise ins Forum gestellt. :)
Je weniger einer braucht, desto mehr nähert er sich den Göttern, die gar nichts brauchen - Sokrates

Marseille - Mailand - Berlin 2006
München - London - Düsseldorf 2007
Rotterdam - Berlin 2009
Berlin 2010
2x Amsterdam - 2x Berlin 2012
2x Amsterdam - Wien - Berlin 2014
Amsterdam 2017 (EV)
Berlin2018

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
  • Luke the Uke
Ja das Set ist wirklich wunderbar. Ein Set fast ausschliesslich aus Hits plus ein paar Bandlieblingssongs wie Half Full, Green Disease, Grievance. Und dann noch diese 2nd Encore mit DER Rock-Ikone früherer Jahre. Einfach unglaublich! Muss die 1000$ doch noch wert gewesen sein :D ;)

Offline bluemoon

• vaf | Given To Fly
Und noch ein Artikel über das konzert.Diesmal sogar mit einem Foto. :D

http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=3917

Offline bluemoon

• vaf | Given To Fly

Offline Stargazer

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
meine güte sieht der robert plant schlimm aus :o
I can watch and not take part where i end and where you start

Offline Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • HSV Forever And Ever
Also bei mir funzt der Link. Keine Ahnung, was da ist. Na, ja Apu Nahasapeemapetilon (hoffe das richtig geschrieben zu haben) hat es ja hier netterweise ins Forum gestellt. :)

Kein Grund so förmlich zu sein. Sag doch einfach Apu. ;) :)
Mal abgesehen von sanitären Einrichtungen, der Medizin, dem Schulwesen, Wein, der öffentlichen Ordnung, der Bewässerung, Straßen, der Wasseraufbereitung und der allgemeinen Krankenkassen, was, frage ich euch, haben die Römer je für uns getan?

Offline Elrohir

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Carpe diem!

Na so fürchterlich ist's ja auch net. Ist halt in die Jahre gekommen. Weiß jetzt grad nicht, wie alt der eigentlich ist - egal - Jimmy Page hat sich da glaub ich besser gehalten.

@Apu - ja wird gemacht, ist ja auch wesentlich einfacher, aber irgendwie wollt ich diesen Namen doch mal ausschreiben. ;)
Je weniger einer braucht, desto mehr nähert er sich den Göttern, die gar nichts brauchen - Sokrates

Marseille - Mailand - Berlin 2006
München - London - Düsseldorf 2007
Rotterdam - Berlin 2009
Berlin 2010
2x Amsterdam - 2x Berlin 2012
2x Amsterdam - Wien - Berlin 2014
Amsterdam 2017 (EV)
Berlin2018

Offline moesman

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • lailailailailailaifuckinglaiailailaila

Na so fürchterlich ist's ja auch net. Ist halt in die Jahre gekommen. Weiß jetzt grad nicht, wie alt der eigentlich ist - egal - Jimmy Page hat sich da glaub ich besser gehalten.

Robert Plant ist am 20. August 1948 geboren, also seit kurzem 57 Jahre alt. Jimmy Page ist am 9. Januar 1944 geboren, also 61, und sieht so aus:

Quellen:
Jimmy Page
Robert Plant
« Letzte Änderung: 09. Oktober 2005 um 19:33 von moesman »

Offline MineAmI

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
es gibt schon eine audience-aufnahme von dieser legendären show:

http://pj.sidewalkcrusaders.com/

sehr gute qualität...und zur show selbst muss man wohl nichsts mehr sagen..außer GEIL! GEIL! GEIL!

Offline benharper

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
  • Lookin' for a leader,...
Ist das im Vordergrund der Gossard? ( Entschuldigt diese wohl sehr dumme frage ( obwohl es nur dumme Antworten gibt )) aber ich hab ihn noch nie Oberkörperfrei spielen sehen und das er so Tattowiert ist... Krass!
..."the woman in you, is the worrie in me..."

Offline stamson

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Got some if you need it
nee, das ist der gute mike.
Der Kunde kommt zum Käufer Tour 2010.
Es hat nie ein Ende