vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

TOOL

Offline JahJeremy

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
Antwort #30 am: 06. Dezember 2005 um 20:19
Das mit der beklemmenden Atmosphäre ist mir bei Tool auch schon sehr stark aufgefallen. Kenne keine andere Band bei denen die Videos so extrem diesen Effekt erzeugen.

@Evenflow:
a
Schism ist echt ein Hammer Video, vielleicht für mich sogar das Beste von Tool. Würde mich auch z.B. interessieren was es mit dem runden Teil am Anfang und Schluss auf sich hat.
"There's no wrong or right, but I'm sure there's good and bad."

Offline the offender

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #31 am: 17. Januar 2006 um 10:38
Aus den www.toolband.com News vom 11. 01.:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM DUSK ‘TILL DAWN
Those of you who purchased the DVD singles for Schism and/or Parabol(a) will have noticed an orange sticker affixed to the packaging announcing that TOOL would be releasing a new record sometime in the Spring of 2006. From all indications, this is where things still stand – a Spring 2006 release (although, despite what you might have read on other sites, it won’t be in March). In fact, in talking with the guys the other day, we calculated that Salma will probably do her little nightclub snake-dance at least three thousand more times as they put the finishing touches on the mixing of the new recording (segues, voice overs, effects, etc.). Here I should explain that, for whatever reason, Joe Barresi has the Salma Hayek dance sequence from the movie “From Dusk ‘Till Dawn” on a constant loop on the large monitor in the studio*. This has been playing non-stop throughout the entire recording/mixing process, so if you figure the approximate time of the loop (i.e. Salma's dance) and know that they put in about 12 plus hour days(6 days a week), you’ll get some idea of how much longer they’ll be at the console tweaking the thing (well worth it, I might add, having heard several of the tunes already mixed). Anyway, other than the possible release of David Gilmour’s new solo album and Kat’s birthday, the March date everyone keeps emailing me about means nothing to me (or anyone else that I asked). I don’t even think it has anything to do with the UK release of the DVD Schism and Parabol(a) singles, but I suppose that could be the case if they haven’t already been released there. Somebody will let me know – that much I'm sure of (January 23?). Alright, I just wanted to give you a little update (dispel yet another internet rumor), and let you know that the mixes are sounding pretty great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soweit ich das verstehe kommt also im Frühling oder Sommer endlich ne neue Platte... 
Werft mich in einen Fluß und wenn ihr Pech habt,
hab ich Glück und komm mit einem Fisch im Maul zurück.

Offline moesman

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • lailailailailailaifuckinglaiailailaila
Antwort #32 am: 17. Januar 2006 um 11:46
Aus den www.toolband.com News vom 11. 01.:
FROM DUSK ‘TILL DAWN
Those of you who purchased the DVD singles for Schism and/or Parabol(a) will have noticed an orange sticker affixed to the packaging announcing that TOOL would be releasing a new record sometime in the Spring of 2006. From all indications, this is where things still stand – a Spring 2006 release (although, despite what you might have read on other sites, it won’t be in March). In fact, in talking with the guys the other day, we calculated that Salma will probably do her little nightclub snake-dance at least three thousand more times as they put the finishing touches on the mixing of the new recording (segues, voice overs, effects, etc.). Here I should explain that, for whatever reason, Joe Barresi has the Salma Hayek dance sequence from the movie “From Dusk ‘Till Dawn” on a constant loop on the large monitor in the studio*. This has been playing non-stop throughout the entire recording/mixing process, so if you figure the approximate time of the loop (i.e. Salma's dance) and know that they put in about 12 plus hour days(6 days a week), you’ll get some idea of how much longer they’ll be at the console tweaking the thing (well worth it, I might add, having heard several of the tunes already mixed). Anyway, other than the possible release of David Gilmour’s new solo album and Kat’s birthday, the March date everyone keeps emailing me about means nothing to me (or anyone else that I asked). I don’t even think it has anything to do with the UK release of the DVD Schism and Parabol(a) singles, but I suppose that could be the case if they haven’t already been released there. Somebody will let me know – that much I'm sure of (January 23?). Alright, I just wanted to give you a little update (dispel yet another internet rumor), and let you know that the mixes are sounding pretty great.

Soweit ich das verstehe kommt also im Frühling oder Sommer endlich ne neue Platte... 

Das wird ein schönes Frühjahr!

Pearl Jam (hoffentlich)
Tool

Nach langer Zeit mal wieder CDs, die ich kaufen werde!

Offline Habit

• vaf | Immortality
  • Oh well, whatever, nevermind!
Antwort #33 am: 17. Januar 2006 um 13:44
Ja, bin ich mal sehr gespannt...
Dumm sind die Menschen die schlaue Zitate falsch auffassen und gegen sich verwendet sehen.
Schlaue menschen lernen aus dummen zitaten und verwenden sie konstruktiv.

------> http://www.lazonga.com

Offline Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • HSV Forever And Ever
Antwort #34 am: 01. Februar 2006 um 15:33
TOOL sind heute für Rock am Ring bestätigt worden.
Mal abgesehen von sanitären Einrichtungen, der Medizin, dem Schulwesen, Wein, der öffentlichen Ordnung, der Bewässerung, Straßen, der Wasseraufbereitung und der allgemeinen Krankenkassen, was, frage ich euch, haben die Römer je für uns getan?

Offline klee

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • it only took a day
Antwort #35 am: 01. Februar 2006 um 16:04
Heftig.

Offline Habit

• vaf | Immortality
  • Oh well, whatever, nevermind!
Antwort #36 am: 01. Februar 2006 um 17:52

Geile Band, aber für mich jetzt kein allein Grund zu RaR zu fahren. Ausserdem ist das ganze mitlerweile zu überlaufen, zu teuer, und zu weit weg....
Dumm sind die Menschen die schlaue Zitate falsch auffassen und gegen sich verwendet sehen.
Schlaue menschen lernen aus dummen zitaten und verwenden sie konstruktiv.

------> http://www.lazonga.com

el_duderino

• Gast
Antwort #37 am: 01. Februar 2006 um 18:48

Geile Band, aber für mich jetzt kein allein Grund zu RaR zu fahren.

deftones spielen auch - das ist für mich wie weihnachten und geburtstag gleichzeitig  :)

Offline Señor Ding-Dong

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #38 am: 01. Februar 2006 um 19:02
verdammt, jetzt muss ich zu Rock im Park   :(
Habe dieses Jahr irgendwie keine Lust, auch wenns mein 1. wäre
Aber wenn tool sonst nicht in meine Nähe kommen dann habe ich keine andere Wahl  :'(

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
  • Luke the Uke
Antwort #39 am: 01. Februar 2006 um 22:04
Kommt doch ans Greenfield in die Schweiz!! Sind bis jetzt neben Tool auch noch Depeche Mode und Placebo angekündigt und hat dazu noch ne schönere Atmosphäre als Rock Am Ring

Offline Señor Ding-Dong

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #40 am: 01. Februar 2006 um 22:06
Wenn du einem armen Schüler die Zugtickets zahlst  :P

Traveller

• Gast
Antwort #41 am: 02. Februar 2006 um 15:31
Yes!!! Somit armortisiert sich für mich der schlimm hohe Eintrittspreis!!! Für Tool fahre ich sofort hin!

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Antwort #42 am: 02. Februar 2006 um 16:55
Seit dem 31.01. ist das Album fertig und wird gerade abgemischt und mittlerweile ist auch raus wer so als Gastmusiker dabei ist:
Josh Homme (Queens Of The Stone Age), King Buzzo (Melvins) und Aaron Turner (Isis).
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you

Offline klee

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • it only took a day
Antwort #43 am: 02. Februar 2006 um 17:41
interessant, sehr interessant :)

Offline Señor Ding-Dong

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #44 am: 02. Februar 2006 um 19:33
mittlerweile ist auch raus wer so als Gastmusiker dabei ist:
Josh Homme (Queens Of The Stone Age), King Buzzo (Melvins) und Aaron Turner (Isis).

es gab vor einiger Zeit mal Bilder von den ersten beiden, wie sie Tool im Studio besucht haben. Ich denke, dass es beim Studiobesuch geblieben ist. Aber lassen wir uns überraschen  :)