vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

Secret Show auf Hawaii

Offline Dennis

• vaf | Given To Fly
am: 02. Dezember 2006 um 19:40
Pearl Jam Rides Secret Show Wave In Hawaii

Eddie Vedder

December 01, 2006, 12:05 PM ET

Pearl Jam played a secret show last night (Nov. 30) outdoors at the Waimea Valley Audubon Center on the Hawaiian island of Oahu, as part of the opening festivities for the Quiksilver Big Wave Invitational surfing competition.

Approximately 300 people were in attendance for the 15-song set, which mixed favorites like "Corduroy," "Even Flow," "Better Man" and "Do the Evolution" with covers of the Who's "Baba O'Riley," the Avengers' "The Amerikan in Me" and Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World," which featured a guest turn on guitar by surfer Kelly Slater. Slater, a longtime friend of Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, also sung portions of "Indifference."

Earlier in the day, Vedder participated in the annual Paddle Out ceremony along with Slater, Bruce Irons, Myles Padaca, Braden Dias and Andy Irons, among many others.

As previously reported, Pearl Jam will play a headlining show tomorrow at Honolulu's Blaisdell Center, a week prior to its opening slot for the last show of U2's Vertigo tour at Aloha Stadium.

Here is Pearl Jam's set list:

"Corduroy"
"Do The Evolution"
"World Wide Suicide"
"Severed Hand"
"Even Flow"
"Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town"
"The Amerikan in Me"
"I Believe In Miracles"
"Can´t Keep"
"Soon Forget"
"Crazy Mary"
"Indifference"
"Better Man"
"Baba O´Riley"
"Rockin´ in the Free World"

Quelle: RM Board
I think we have a grandios Saison gespielt!

Offline Herr H.

• vaf | Immortality
  • Do the evolution!
Antwort #1 am: 02. Dezember 2006 um 19:59
Bilder davon hat  J. ja heute schon in der Gala gepostet! Sehr geil, besonders das mit Eddie und der Ukulele!
"Do (...) other fan clubs (...) really never have ticketing problems?"
Kelly Curtis

Offline nicole

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Och.. warum nicht?
Antwort #2 am: 02. Dezember 2006 um 22:13
Approximately 300 people were in attendance for the 15-song set

Und das auf Hawaii... Naja, man kann nicht alles haben...

Und kein Big Wave, hat er sich wohl nicht getraut der gute Ed was? Hehe.
Nächstes mal selbst nachschauen, Faulpelz! Oder neeee warte, ich suchs eben für Dich raus... ganz Pearljamlike eben. Kein Problem, lehn Dich zurück, bin sofort wieder da.

Offline Madrigal/Jupp Sacamano

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • all hail the 'chunk
Antwort #3 am: 03. Dezember 2006 um 01:06
featured a guest turn on guitar by surfer Kelly Slater. Slater, a longtime friend of Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, also sung portions of "Indifference."

Zum Glück gibt's keinen offiziellen Boot  ;D.

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Antwort #4 am: 03. Dezember 2006 um 03:01
Approximately 300 people were in attendance for the 15-song set, which mixed favorites like "Corduroy," "Even Flow," "Better Man" and "Do the Evolution" with covers of the Who's "Baba O'Riley," the Avengers' "The Amerikan in Me" and Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World," which featured a guest turn on guitar by surfer Kelly Slater. Slater, a longtime friend of Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, also sung portions of "Indifference."

Nette Geste der Band, aber ich weiß gar nicht ob ich die Slater Beiträge wirklich hören möchte.
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you