vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

Hab was gefunden..

Offline Stinky

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | (In) Thin Air
  • Drop The Leash
am: 23. April 2002 um 12:51
Hab mal etwas im MTV Forum rumgeschmökert und dabei das gefunden. Es geht um den Bandnamen und eine hat halt das mit der Marmelade geschrieben:

Nein das stimmt nicht, Eddie hat diese Geschichte in den Anfangstagen der band zwar selbst in umlauf gebracht, jedoch in späteren Interviews zugegeben das sie frei erfunden war.

Hier ein Zitat von Eddie vedder aus einem späteren Interview über das Zustandekommen des Bandnamens:

I remember throwing words and meanings around for band names,..... I was writing songs daily and they seemed more important than the name of the band,.... I didn´t grasp at the time how representative it may become,....not to mention we were just making a little record that few people would ever hear,......

so the words came, 2,... one of which was Pearl. The name of my great grandmother,..... married to a contortionist...... He used to fit himself into a suitcase.... One in a long line of peculiar individuals.

Pearl is also a surfing term when you go headfirst and eat it on the face of a wave....

Janis Joplins greatest record was called Pearl,..... And of course, Earl the Pearl Monroe who shared the court with Phil Jackson I believe,.... (I often tell people that it was Phils initials that led us to our name..... ) I thought that was much better than the rumor that Pearl Jam was some sort of slang for ejaculated liquid..... harsh,.....

No,..... I feel that the best justification for the name is in reference to the pearl itself,... and the natural process from which a pearl comes from,...... Basically, taking excrement or waste and turning it into something beautiful,...... This is how our band began,..... taking emotions that we wrestled with personally and letting them evolve into songs,..... In this way the songs became vehicles in which to deal with it all,..... Add the volume of loud instruments, amplified vocals,..... moving chord changes,.... And it wasn’t just shit anymore,.... It was kind of beautiful,.... powerful,,...... UNCULTURED! As Johnny Rotten would say later,

Anger is an Energy...... And Shit can be Beautiful. the proof is in the pearl.

« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 um 01:00 von 1025128800 »
Millionen sehnen sich nach Unsterblichkeit und wissen nicht, was sie an einem regnerischen Sonntagnachmittag mit sich anfangen sollen.

Offline -christian

• Administrator
  • vaf | Immortality
    • DC4C6X3S
    • nrw.social/@stbc
Antwort #1 am: 23. April 2002 um 17:30
na des wissen mir auch schon
http://vaf.vitalogy.de/YaBB.pl?board=talk;action=display;num=1015161628
:D

Aber trotzdem interessant...  ;D
-christian
--
Probs mit dem Board? Threema

Offline Stinky

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | (In) Thin Air
  • Drop The Leash
Antwort #2 am: 23. April 2002 um 18:35
Hehehe.. Naja was solls... Hab da wohl wiedermal geschlafen... Aber so kann man die Story wenigsten hier im Forum lesen  :)
Millionen sehnen sich nach Unsterblichkeit und wissen nicht, was sie an einem regnerischen Sonntagnachmittag mit sich anfangen sollen.

Offline impudence

• vaf | Soon Forget
Antwort #3 am: 23. April 2002 um 19:05
och komm ich habs noch nich gewusst.... ich hab mich da bis jetz auf meine pearl jam biografie die ich mir extra mal gekauft hab verlassen, wie mir scheint, ein fehler....