vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

Green Romance Orchestra - DAVE ABBRUZZESE

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
am: 06. September 2004 um 19:10
Habe nichts unter Suche gefunden und ich glaube hier würde es hereinpassen.

Ich habe gestern die CD Green Romance Orchestra Plays Part I and V geschenkt bekommen. Konnte mir erst nicht erklären wieso, bis mich meine Freundin auf die Credits hinwies und dort ein gewisser Dave A. stand.

Ich kannte diese Platte bisher gar nicht und kann mich auch nicht erinnern, dass sie hier oder in anderen Foren schon mal erwähnt wurde.

Wer die Musik von Brad mag und auch Singer/Songwriter Musik nicht abgeneigt ist, dem kann ich die Platte nur empfehlen.
Habe sie erst 1-2 Mal durchgehört und bin angenehm überrascht, da ich erst befürchtet hatte, dass man von dieser Platte nichts weiß, aufgrund ihrer mangelnden Qualität.
Dem ist aber nicht so. Vor allem merkt man, dass Dave ein guter Songwriter war.
Die STücke sind nicht so rockig wie zB "GO", aber zum Teil sehr verspielt, ohne allerdings zu langweilen.

Mehr kann ich nach dem kurzen Genuß noch nicht sagen.
« Letzte Änderung: 07. September 2004 um 09:05 von bobafett »
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you

Offline shine

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
Antwort #1 am: 04. Juni 2007 um 14:26
GREEN ROMANCE ORCHESTRA - play parts 1 & 5

When the disk went in and all systems were go, I prepared myself to listen diligently for signs that Doug Neil, J. Paul Slavens, Gary Muller were fitting collaborators for our famous and infamous, Dave Abbruzzese. I did not have to listen long - - they prove themselves immediately, and by the end of the disk's first track, the beautiful "Brittle", I had forgotten all about it. The entrancing guitars, Whitman-esque lyrics, effortless rhythms and raw sincerity were thankfully a portent.
"Don't (Choices)" scathes from the first note to the last. Slavens' voice threatens, "Don't make me choose between the two of you." Who are the two? I don't know. Who are the two for you, is the question. Yeah, ouch. But it's the good kind of pain, keep listening. The guitars are relentlessly mouth-watering, and I am thankful for Neil's birth through a guitar's sound hole. Gary Muller antes up his talents on the Chapman Stick, but beware; this man's rhythm is not for the faint of heart.
"High" has a loose, 'driving-in-your-car-to-someplace-excellent' feel to it. It reminded me of an old Rita Marley song, possibly because of the reggae flavor drummed and dashed in. It's a fine example of the laid-back style, yet complex arrangements that make this album a contender for addict-residency in the CD player.
"Waiting for Sid," has the unlikely line, "I will give you a dollar/You can go to the store/and buy a bag of oranges..." The album is funny this way - seductive and silly at the same time. Green Romance is not hurried; the band takes the time to scrumptiously pause...again, ...and again, on these two songs. The reward for your anticipation? Only the heart ripping delivery of Neil's slick guitarwork and the ferocious beating of the skins that Abbruzzese hands out.
"Sleep," only loosely veiled as an improvisational jam, is a slamming number that makes me see Les Claypool out of the corner of my eye. Harsh and intoxicating lyrics, simply put - it rocks. There is a song I have to group into the Green Pumpkin Barking Orchestra category (the humor of this band, sometimes cynical and sometimes just plain bizarre, must have Frank Zappa spinning and chortling in his grave) - "Bogie Had Leeches" provides unexpected laughs between the suspenseful funk of "Look Away" and "In..Out..It."
"Tree" has the Abbruzzese signature that Pearl Jam fans became acquainted with on the Fan Club's Christmas single, "Angel." Slaven's voice though, nips a comparison (of similar emphasis on melodious acoustic guitar) right after that crucial bud. This song, longer than the too-short "Angel," is perhaps a bit too long, but I don't know. Maybe it was a very big tree.
"Remains" and "Given the Time" - I left these for last. Green Romance Orchestra did too and I sense a wisdom in that. A part of me (ok, the girly sweet fuzzy-pink-sweater-wearing part) hears the painfully barbed thoughts as sung by Slavens are ones that might have been best left private. But an arched eyebrow doesn't stay arched. The atoms of these songs and this album are not sentiments. Its essential parts are musical. Even if much of the most potent art and music is born out of pain endured and damage sustained, a release this harmonious and exuberant can only be a celebration. Enjoy.
hinsurfen und terrormitglied im shore forum werden :

www.stuerzen.de - die kraenkste seite im internet

Offline shine

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
Antwort #2 am: 04. Juni 2007 um 21:43
super scheibe, echt. hier bestellen :

http://www.gromusic.com

supportet die jungs...

Offline shine

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
Antwort #3 am: 05. Juni 2007 um 11:37
aha, ok, "zusammengelegt". whatever. danke, nicole  ::)

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Antwort #4 am: 14. September 2009 um 00:05
Ich setze es mal hier rein, aber wie es scheint, tour Dave A. gerade durch Deutschland:

Click1

Click2

11.09. DE - Hannover, Bluesgarage
12.09. DE - Berlin, Quasimodo
13.09. DE - Dresden, Tante Ju
15.09. DE - Halle, Objekt 5
17.09. AT - Velden, Bluesiana
18.09. DE - Leverkusen, Scala
19.09. DE - Stuttgart, Bix
21.09. DE - Aachen, Musikbunker
23.09. DE - Kassel, Schlachthof
26.09. AT - Wien, Reigen
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you

Offline chillinthemost

• vaf | Sometimes
  • Heck yes!!
Antwort #5 am: 14. September 2009 um 14:12
Oh, VERDAMMT!! Hätt ich das vorher gewusst, hätt ich mir Hannover nicht entgehen lassen.
Ich weiss nicht, ob man es mir ansieht, aber ich komm vom Land...

Offline ElHefe

• vaf | Off He Goes
  • Let it ride!
Antwort #6 am: 14. September 2009 um 17:51
Ich mir Berlin auch nicht, und wenn es nur gewesen wäre um ihn zu fragen, was mit Shine passiert ist... ::)
2022 Berlin, Zürich, Frankfurt, Kopenhagen, Budapest, Krakau, Wien, Prag
2018 Berlin
2014 Berlin
2012 Prag, Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Kopenhagen
2010 Berlin
2009 Rotterdam, Berlin
2007 München, Düsseldorf
2006 Berlin

13/378/121