vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

"Into the wild" - Soundtrack mit Eddie

J · 755 · 128967

Offline oohlio

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
  • never ever give up...
Antwort #195 am: 11. September 2007 um 09:06
...und auf www.musicload.de kann man sich mittlerweile alle Tracks anhören...

1996 | Hamburg, Sporthalle
2006 | Arnheim, Gelredome
2007 | Düsseldorf, ISS Dome
2009 | Berlin, Wuhlheide
2010 | Berlin, Wuhlheide
2011 | Alpine Valley, WI
2012 | Berlin, O2 Arena

edakasimon

• Gast
Antwort #196 am: 11. September 2007 um 09:12
J entwickelt sich zum "into the wild"-eddie Fachmann - eh frau, sorry. ;D finde ich sehr gut, wie du den Thread mit Infos füllst!

Offline bruetschi

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
Antwort #197 am: 11. September 2007 um 09:18

Freue mich auch schon auf Freitag. Das Album gefällt mir gut - sauber Eddie  ;)
vaf-Tipp-Meister 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015

Offline J

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #198 am: 11. September 2007 um 09:44
J entwickelt sich zum "into the wild"-eddie Fachmann - eh frau, sorry. ;D finde ich sehr gut, wie du den Thread mit Infos füllst!

eh...ja...danke! ;) eine(r) muss es ja machen...

naja, es gab ja schon öfters die meinungen das das vaf zu wenig pj-bezogen ist, d.h. dass zu wenige leute im eigentlichen pj-forum posten. ich finde das auch, ehrlich gesagt... ich poste gerne hier, auch wenn ich da manchmal ziemlich einsam bin, und manche threads fast nur aus meinen infos bestehen  ;)

« Letzte Änderung: 11. September 2007 um 09:45 von J »
Und ich habe mich so gefreut!
sagst du vorwurfsvoll.
Du hast dich gefreut. -
Ist das nichts?

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline J

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #199 am: 11. September 2007 um 10:24
jetzt bin ich wieder richtig hier.... ;)

kopiert von

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=67615&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=820

ist aber wohl von der offiziellen filmseite:

"Taken from the Into The Wild movie notes:

The final element that weaves through the entire film is the music, which was on Penn’s mind from the very beginning, with many cues and specific songs written directly into the script. Ultimately, the score would combine original songs and music from Eddie Vedder along with the guitar compositions of Michael Brook and Kaki King.

“More and more as we were shooting I started to hear the voice of Eddie Vedder as the soul of Chris McCandless” says Penn. “Meanwhile, as Jay Cassidy and I were putting together assemblies each night to music, I found myself over and over going to the well of Michael Brook’s music and that began to feel sonically like the right approach. Then, Kaki King was recommended by Martin Hernandez, our sound designer, and I listened to some of her stuff and she came on board. And then, after all that, I asked Eddie if he would read the book and he did and he jumped right in writing songs, but he also went beyond that, writing instrumental pieces as well. Finally, we did some recording sessions up in Seattle with Michael and Eddie and Charlie Musslewhite and, between all of them, they just knocked it out of the park.”

Vedder who became friends with Penn years ago while writing music for Dead Man Walking, recalls Penn calling him up and asking him to come see the just-completed movie. “I thought it was great and there didn’t seem to be anything missing. It already had lots of good music,” he says. “But Sean said “just go with it and see what happens.” So we spent three days in the studio and I sent him about a half hour’s worth of music. Then, he said, “if I could get some more of this stuff you could become the interior voice of the character.” He saw the music as becoming almost what’s inside the kid’s head.”

He didn’t hesitate to dive in at Sean’s urging, knowing it would take him to unexpected places. “Sean is an incredibly special person,” Vedder remarks, “and let’s say you’re standing on the edge of a pool wondering if you should jump in, Sean’s the perfect person to push you.”

Having never read the book, Vedder remedied that and found ample inspiration in Chris McCandless. “ It wasn’t hard for me to understand this kid,” he admits. “I still feel so connected and have such strong memories of being at that age where you see the bullshit in the world and want to know how to address it, how can you maintain some idealism, and how to not become the same authority fiqures that you’re growing up around. This was an opportunity to kind of revisit that stuff. I think it takes real guts to do what Chris did and even if there was recklessness involved, it’s the kind of reckless we miss later when we’re settled in and wonder what we could have done with our lives.”

Vedder explains that while he was writing his own younger brother, also named Chris, went off to South Africa to meditate, and momentarily lost contact with the family. “ No one had heard from him for about 2 months and suddenly I felt like Carine, he says. “There were things happening in real life that were really parallel to the story.”

The songs themselves emerged in a rough, spontaneous style, meshing with the road-trip spirit of the film. Vedder likens the sound to demos Pete Townsend of The Who recorded, playing all the instruments himself. “ It was a different character than a band playing it – it’s simpler, but it’s also purer,” he says. He notes that he found himself constantly swapping instruments as he composed. :There’s a mandolin piece,” he points out, “ and I think this was only the second time I’ve played the mandolin, but it really just fit the emotion.”

Used to a more open-ended writing style, Vedder also found himself enjoying the relative constrictions of writing songs to scenes. “ This was really different for me because it’s so streamlined, “ he noted. “ You had a lot of parameters to work with- you know, this song has to be two minutes long and it’s at this point in his journey and there has to be instrumental music half-way through because the voice-over comes in. But, ultimately, it really came down to serving Sean and serving Chris McCandless, whom I felt a real responsibility to as well.”

Things came together so perfectly for Vedder, he began to wonder at the source of it. “ There was something in the air, you couldn’t deny something was going on,” he says. “The writing was so easy and the music came together in strange ways where beats would land on a shutting car door or the pump organ would mesh with the way Emile’s shoulders were going up and down. It was almost as if someone was helping from a non-tangible dimension. There was some really strange and quite beautiful elements that helped us along.”

The music- raw, intimate and emotional- further underscores the rich legacy of hard questions and intriguing propositions Chris McCandless left behind when he passed from this world. This is also a reflected in a line that Penn wrote at the end of his screenplay for Into The Wild. It reads: “Chris died alive.” When asked to elucidate on this, Penn sums it all up concisely: “Having lived, he still lives in us.”
Und ich habe mich so gefreut!
sagst du vorwurfsvoll.
Du hast dich gefreut. -
Ist das nichts?

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline JustinCognito

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
Antwort #200 am: 11. September 2007 um 11:06
Ach wat iss das Banjo in  No Ceiling doll :) Bei Setting Forth klingt Ed abr ein bisschen zu arg angestrengt...und irgendwie wie ein REM-Song.
...from the heart of my bottom!

Offline Elrohir

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Carpe diem!
Antwort #201 am: 11. September 2007 um 12:26

Das find ich auch. Mir gefallen die Songs ausgesprochen gut, werde aber auf meine 10C-Bestellung länger warten müssen.
Je weniger einer braucht, desto mehr nähert er sich den Göttern, die gar nichts brauchen - Sokrates

Marseille - Mailand - Berlin 2006
München - London - Düsseldorf 2007
Rotterdam - Berlin 2009
Berlin 2010
2x Amsterdam - 2x Berlin 2012
2x Amsterdam - Wien - Berlin 2014
Amsterdam 2017 (EV)
Berlin2018

Offline springtime

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • it's (with) my blood
Antwort #202 am: 11. September 2007 um 16:14

Das find ich auch. Mir gefallen die Songs ausgesprochen gut, werde aber auf meine 10C-Bestellung länger warten müssen.

ich muß auch mit warten tun  ::)  ;)  ...aber das kriegen wir auch noch hin!  ;) 

...am meisten haben´s mir no ceiling, long nights und society angetan  :)  ....
...i wish you was the verb to trust and never let me down...

really hard to imagine´2012:-))) :
manchester-manchester-amsterdam-amsterdam-prag-berlin-berlin-stockholm-oslo-copenhagen-below the göltzschtalbridge

Offline Tyler Durden

• vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • Nimm einen tiefen Zug, dann kannst Du gut kacken!
Antwort #203 am: 11. September 2007 um 19:16
Bei wrov.cc kann man sich bereits die komplette CD und die kompletten Songs anhören.

EDIT: Die Tracklist mit der genauen Länge der Songs sieht wie folgt aus:

1. Setting Forth - 1:37
2. No Ceiling - 1:34
3. Far Behind - 2:15
4. Rise - 2:36
5. Long Nights - 2:31
6. Tuolumne - 1:00
7. Hard Sun - 5:22
8. Society - 3:56
9. The Wolf - 1:32
10. End of the Road - 3:19
11. Guaranteed - 7:22

Total time: 33:04
« Letzte Änderung: 11. September 2007 um 19:18 von Tyler Durden »
88/2511/244

Bis zum bitteren Ende.......95 ole!

"Man macht auch nicht in drei Tagen aus einer Würstchenbude eine Großraumdiskothek." (Norbert Meier)

Offline Spoon

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
  • "See you next year!"
Antwort #204 am: 11. September 2007 um 19:29

Dem kann ich mich nur anschließen, dieser konstante Neuigkeiten-Input hat meine Vorfreude durchgehend oben gehalten! =)
Pearl Jam
2007: Düsseldorf
2009: Berlin
2010: Berlin
2012: Berlin x2
2014: Amsterdam x2
2018: Berlin
2022: Berlin, Frankfurt

Eddie Vedder
2019: Amsterdam x2, Düsseldorf

Offline ApfelGeld

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • שלום ישראל
Antwort #205 am: 11. September 2007 um 19:49
Hey, Setting Forth ist ein wirklich toller Opener, gefällt mir gerade sehr gut.  8)

Offline Elrohir

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Carpe diem!
Antwort #206 am: 11. September 2007 um 20:44

ich muß auch mit warten tun  ::)  ;)  ...aber das kriegen wir auch noch hin!  ;) 

Na da haben wir ja beide den selben (guten 8)) Geschmack. Find die 3 Sachen auch sehr sehr fein.
Je weniger einer braucht, desto mehr nähert er sich den Göttern, die gar nichts brauchen - Sokrates

Marseille - Mailand - Berlin 2006
München - London - Düsseldorf 2007
Rotterdam - Berlin 2009
Berlin 2010
2x Amsterdam - 2x Berlin 2012
2x Amsterdam - Wien - Berlin 2014
Amsterdam 2017 (EV)
Berlin2018

Offline springtime

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • it's (with) my blood
Antwort #207 am: 11. September 2007 um 20:46

Na da haben wir ja beide den selben (guten 8)) Geschmack. Find die 3 Sachen auch sehr sehr fein.

;D  wobei man bei pj/eddie ja sowieso nicht viel verkehrt machen kann  8)  ;)                      :angel:

und danke noch mal für den link  :), lausche gerade noch mal anächtig ´society`  fein
...i wish you was the verb to trust and never let me down...

really hard to imagine´2012:-))) :
manchester-manchester-amsterdam-amsterdam-prag-berlin-berlin-stockholm-oslo-copenhagen-below the göltzschtalbridge

Online mr.igby

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • All that matters is winning.
Antwort #208 am: 11. September 2007 um 22:50
Nette 11 Songs auf dem Album, Lagerfeuerlieder irgendwie.
'Society' ist der Ohrwurm für mich, passt perfekt zum Eddie das Lied. Richtig schön melancholisch.
Wenn's 'nrichtige Eddie Solo-Scheibe geworden wäre hätten einige Lieder wohl ein paar Minuten mehr, das scheint das einzige Manko zu sein.
Egal, am Freitag wird die Scheibe sofort gekauft. Hoffentlich regnet's, würde zur Atmosphäre passen...
aka CosmoKramer

chillinthemost

• Gast
Antwort #209 am: 12. September 2007 um 12:09
Heute um kurz nach 09:30 Uhr wurde "Hard Sun" auf Bremen4 gespielt! Der Dünne (so heißt der Moderator der Morgenshow hier) Hat den Nachnamen immer mit "F" ausgesprochen, und sich gefragt, ob Eddie nicht der wäre, der im Großstadtrevier mitspielt...  ::)