vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

"Body of War"; Ed solo

Offline ApfelGeld

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • שלום ישראל
Antwort #15 am: 12. September 2007 um 12:45
Ich denke man kann mittlerweile gefahrlos von einem Lieblingsshirt sprechen.

Sehr gut beobachtet...  ;D *lol*

Offline breath

• vaf | Off He Goes
  • Dance, Baby !
Antwort #16 am: 13. September 2007 um 07:27
Hier ein Artikel von gestern mit Link zur Body of War-Seite des Toronto Int. Film Festivals 07:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070912.wtiffvedder12/BNStory/tiff2007/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20070912.wtiffvedder12

As the Pearl Jam front man explained in an interview in the middle of the Toronto International Film Festival, the songs and the message of the film connect to his own experience with death and suffering, an experience Vedder bets some of the top decision-makers in the White House have never had.

"We had a concert in Denmark in 2000 and nine people were tragically killed in a crush in front of the stage," Vedder said. "So that was obviously the hardest thing any one of us had ever been through in our lives. It happened right in front of us. And after that, you change. Your appreciation for life ... the ante has been upped.

"When I now hear about a parent losing their son or daughter in this criminal war, I know what that feels like. I know the parents of those kids from Denmark. We saw the wave of impact that it had on the families, on their communities, just for nine kids.

"I have a hard time thinking that our representatives in Washington, certainly [U.S. Vice-President] Dick Cheney or George Bush. ... I don't know if they've had this close an experience with tragic death right in front of them. It's one reason why I was drawn [to the film]. And I'm just so proud to be part of this, so people can get to know a human being who's been so adversely affected and has to courageously face intense challenges just to get through the day."

Young was sitting next to him in his wheelchair as Vedder said this. And Young noted how strangely life had come full circle. As a teenager, he had found solace in Pearl Jam's music. Now, Vedder was singing about him as a war veteran.

Offline magda.d

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #17 am: 13. September 2007 um 18:15
Hier noch ein kleiner Bericht zu Eddies Auftritt gestern:
http://blog.canoe.ca/tiff?blog=85&page=1&disp=posts&paged=2
Just be darling and I will be too - faithful to you

Offline J

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #18 am: 14. September 2007 um 11:13
und hier ein video seines auftritts. hoffe das ist erlaubt...

http://videos.canoe.ca/?fr_story=453aa74df3fa0a201b94f478330482ee5760df34&rf=bm

auf der bakannten videoseite mit dem rot-weiß-schwarzen logo  ;) findet man auch schon videos 
Und ich habe mich so gefreut!
sagst du vorwurfsvoll.
Du hast dich gefreut. -
Ist das nichts?

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Jan Carew

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
  • Und ich weiß, wer ich bin ...
Antwort #19 am: 14. September 2007 um 13:22
Sehr gut beobachtet...  ;D *lol*

Was eigentlich irgend jemand dieses Peace-Shirt schon mal gesehen? Außer bei der Tour auf Eds verschwitzem Leib natürlich ... ;)
2014 | Amsterdam, Mailand, Stockholm
2010 | Nijmegen, Berlin
2009 | Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
2007 | Scheeßel, Düsseldorf       
2006 | Berlin
2000 | Hamburg
1996 | Berlin

Offline plitti

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
Antwort #20 am: 14. September 2007 um 14:28
Gibts dazu einen Soundtrack oder wie läuft das jetzt?
Bin unwissend...
Wenn Du Schmetterlinge im Bauch willst steck Dir eine Raupe in den Arsch!

Offline Tyler Durden

• vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • Nimm einen tiefen Zug, dann kannst Du gut kacken!
Antwort #21 am: 14. September 2007 um 14:33
Bin unwissend...

Hmm, nichts genaues weiß man nicht, oder? Zumindest wurde "No More" schon im Internet gesichtet.
88/2511/244

Bis zum bitteren Ende.......95 ole!

"Man macht auch nicht in drei Tagen aus einer Würstchenbude eine Großraumdiskothek." (Norbert Meier)

Offline J

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #22 am: 14. September 2007 um 14:37
Bin unwissend...

ich meine irgendwo gelesen zu haben, dass der film noch keinen verleiher hat. also schätz ich mal, dass die sich noch nciht so große gedanken gemacht haben werden, einen soundtrack zu veröffentlichen...
sagst du vorwurfsvoll.
Du hast dich gefreut. -
Ist das nichts?

Offline J

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #23 am: 18. September 2007 um 10:59
Bin unwissend...

es gibt neue infos, und zwar hier:

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=770201

Sep 17, 2007 06:00 ET
Sire Records to Release Compilation Album Curated by Iraq War Veteran Tomas Young to Accompany Forthcoming Documentary Film "Body of War"
Sire to Donate $100,000 and All Album Proceeds to Antiwar Organization Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW)

BURBANK, CA--(Marketwire - September 17, 2007) - Sire Records has announced that it will donate $100,000 to Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW), an antiwar organization founded in 2004 by Iraq war veterans to give voice to the large number of active-duty service people and veterans who are against the war, but are under various pressures to remain silent. The donation will be given in the name of Iraq war veteran Tomas Young, who is a spokesperson for the IVAW, and whose heart-wrenching story is told in the forthcoming documentary "Body of War," which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 11th.

In addition, Sire will release a compilation album of songs curated by Young, titled "No More War: Songs That Inspired Body of War," which will include an original song written and recorded for the documentary by Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder. The rest of the track-listing will be made up of songs handpicked by Young that serve as his personal "soundtrack for Iraq." They are songs written by artists from various genres and periods of history in response to war, or songs that simply inspired Young throughout his journey to Iraq and back. An announcement of "No More War"'s full track-listing and details about it will be announced in the coming weeks.

The documentary "Body of War" -- produced by Phil Donahue and Ellen Spiro -- tells the transfixing story of Young, who was paralyzed after serving in Iraq for less than a week. At 22, he responded to the call to defend his country and enlisted in the Army just two days after 9/11. He assumed he would be shipped off to Afghanistan where the terrorists' camps were based to route out al-Qaida and Taliban warriors. Months later, Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq. On April 4th, Young, on his first mission to Sadr City, was shot and instantly paralyzed. "Body of War" delivers an intimate look at Young's return home as he learns to deal with his disability, as well as his journey to finding his own unique and passionate voice against the war in Iraq.

"Tomas Young's story is important and compelling," says Sire Records president Michael Goldstone. "We at Sire are honored to do our part to help the IVAW tell that story and enable the public to see another side of the war and how it has affected the lives of those who have given so much defending their country."

For more information about the film "Body of War," please visit www.bodyofwar.com

For more information on the Iraq Veterans Against the War, please visit www.ivaw.org
sagst du vorwurfsvoll.
Du hast dich gefreut. -
Ist das nichts?

Offline Tyler Durden

Antwort #24 am: 05. Februar 2008 um 22:04
Lt. Amazon USA erscheint die CD am 18.03.08.
88/2511/244

"Man macht auch nicht in drei Tagen aus einer Würstchenbude eine Großraumdiskothek." (Norbert Meier)

Offline Tyler Durden

Antwort #25 am: 05. Februar 2008 um 22:13
Ist vielleicht ein Fehler von Amazon. Auf der MySpace Seite zum Film findet man folgenden Blog zum Soundtrack:

Zitat
15 Jan 2008, 20:00

"No More War" Companion Album To Be Released
Kategorie: Music

Tomas Young has been asked by Sire Records to curate a compilation album titled "No More War: Songs That Inspired Body of War," which will include an original song written and recorded for the documentary by Eddie Vedder. The rest of the track-listing will be made up of songs handpicked by Tomas that serve as his personal "soundtrack for Iraq." They are songs written by artists from various genres and periods of history in response to war, or songs that simply inspired him throughout his journey to Iraq and back.

In addition, Sire Records will donate $100,000 in Tomas' name to Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW), an antiwar organization founded in 2004 by Iraq war veterans to give voice to the large number of active-duty service people and veterans who are against the war, but are under various pressures to remain silent.

Stay tuned for an announcement of "No More War"'s full track-listing and details about release date.

(Quelle: http://www.myspace.com/bodyofwar)
88/2511/244

Offline J

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #26 am: 07. Februar 2008 um 10:01
Hier noch ein paar mehr Infos zur tracklist:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003707009

Vedder, Young Grace 'Body Of War' Soundtrack

February 06, 2008, 12:00 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Tracks from Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, Neil Young, Bright Eyes, Serj Tankian and Tom Morello will be found on the two-disc collection "Body of War: Songs That Inspired an Iraq War Veteran."

The set is due March 18 via Sire, with a vinyl edition arriving April 15. The documentary of the same name premiered last September at the Toronto International Film Festival and will roll out to additional markets in the coming months.

As previously reported, "Body of War" chronicles the travails of Tomas Young, who was paralyzed by a bullet during his first week of military service in Iraq. Vedder was inspired to write new material for the film, which was co-directed by talk show legend Phil Donahue and Ellen Spiro, after meeting Young in recent months.

The first single from the album, which was curated by the injured Young, will be a version of Vedder's "No More" performed with guest Ben Harper during Pearl Jam's set at the 2007 Lollapalooza festival in Chicago.

And while the full track list is still coming together, expect to find Bright Eyes' "When the President Talks To God" and Morello's "Battle Hymns" (under his Nightwatchman alter ego) on the album, plus songs from Harper, No Use For a Name, RX Bandits and Michael Franti, among others.

"The songs collected here are the sounds that have helped to inspire me and keep me going as I struggle to find the strength to deal with my new physical limitations while trying to find the energy to fight when many parts of my body and brain are telling me to stop," Young says. "Each song you hear you're hearing because I found a meaning in it that helped focus a number of emotions and turn them into something that I hope will ultimately be positive."

A portion of the proceeds from "Songs That Inspired..." will be donated to Iraq Veterans Against the War.
sagst du vorwurfsvoll.
Du hast dich gefreut. -
Ist das nichts?

Offline Tyler Durden

Antwort #27 am: 07. Februar 2008 um 19:46
Den Trailer zum Film kann man sich jetzt auf der Body Of War Seite anschauen.
88/2511/244

Offline Spoon

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
  • "See you next year!"
Antwort #28 am: 12. Februar 2008 um 15:03
http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/02/system_rage_and_pearl_jam_men.html

Zitat
Tracks from System Of A Down frontman Serj Tankian, Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello and Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder will feature on a double-album, Body Of War: Songs That Inspired An Iraq War Veteran.

The album will be released in March through Sire / Warner Bros.

A documentary of the same name will be released later in the year, but no date has been confirmed.

Falls das schon bekannt war, dann sorry!
Pearl Jam
2007: Düsseldorf
2009: Berlin
2010: Berlin
2012: Berlin x2
2014: Amsterdam x2
2018: Berlin
2022: Berlin, Frankfurt

Eddie Vedder
2019: Amsterdam x2, Düsseldorf

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Antwort #29 am: 12. Februar 2008 um 16:19
http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/02/system_rage_and_pearl_jam_men.html

Zitat
Tracks from System Of A Down frontman Serj Tankian, Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello and Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder will feature on a double-album, Body Of War: Songs That Inspired An Iraq War Veteran.

The album will be released in March through Sire / Warner Bros.

A documentary of the same name will be released later in the year, but no date has been confirmed.

Falls das schon bekannt war, dann sorry!
Das paßt wohl am besten zu diesem Thema, habe es daher mal zusammengelegt.
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you