vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

Harrybu McCage - neues Jazz Projekt von Matt Cameron

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Matt Cameron hat ein neues Projekt und seit heute kann man im 10c Shop eine CD seines Jazz Projektes Harrybu  McCage kaufen.

Wer bisher noch nicht die weitreichende Lebenserfahrung meint gemacht zu haben, um sich Jazz jenseits einer Hotelbar anzuhören oder dessen Ohren bisher geradliniger Radio Musik verschworen waren, dem empfehle ich vorher auf der myspace Seite eine Kostprobe anzuhören.

Click

Zitat
Being the only act not hailing from New Orleans to grace the “Somethin’ Else New Orleans” stage is not lost on Harrybu McCage drummer and Seattleite Matt Cameron, who knows a thing or two about playing in a musically competitive city.

“It’s an absolute honor to be playing on the same stage with such amazing musicians who are the best of what they do. New Orleans musicians have always been held to higher standards,” said the Pearl Jam drummer. “It’s where the beat comes from.”

Harrybu McCage is the jazz project Cameron formed with keyboardist Ryan Burns and bassist Geoff Harper (Herbie Hancock, Bill Frisell). The trio will perform original and Thelonious Monk inspired jazz all the while doing the roots of traditional New Orleans music proud.

Bonnaroo

Zitat
Harrybu McCage is a jazz trio featuring drummer Matt Cameron (Pearl Jam, Soundgarden), keyboardist Ryan Burns and bassist Geoff Harper (Herbie Hancock, Bill Frisell). These three artists bring their extensive background in music together to form an exciting and eccentric new "jazz" sound.

Matt Cameron has been honing his drumming skills in successful rock groups for decades and continues to collect increasing recognition for his personal projects. Keyboardist Ryan Burns has been a legend in the Seattle music scene for many years sharing his knowledge with young musicians by teaching at two northwest universities. Rounding out the threesome with his renowned bass abilities, Geoff Harper has recorded with countless local and national artists and performs throughout the region.

Track Listing:
1. I Mean You (C. Hawkins, T. Monk)
2. A Little Max (D. Ellington)
3. Sneakin’ Around (R. Bryant)
4. Evidence (T. Monk)
5. Monk’s Mood (T. Monk)
6. Jetskiing on Priest Lake (Ryan Burns)
7. Ask Me Now (T. Monk)
8. Off Minor (T. Monk)
9. Rhodes Jam (M. Cameron)
10. Alice in My Fantasies (G. Clinton, Jr.)

« Letzte Änderung: 27. Juni 2008 um 02:31 von bobafett »
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you

Offline clashcityrocker

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • vorsitzender des powerpüppies fanclub
Antwort #1 am: 22. Juli 2008 um 17:48
hat die jemand bestellt (außer mir)?
32-939-164

California über alles Tour 2013

Offline clashcityrocker

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • vorsitzender des powerpüppies fanclub
Antwort #2 am: 27. August 2008 um 14:49
ein wirklich lohnenswertes teil.
bestimmt nicht jedermanns geschmack, aber wer auch mal guten jazz hören will, sollte hier zugreifen.
auch gut für einsteiger, weil hier einige größen großartig gecovert werden.
und der track von matt rockt!
32-939-164

California über alles Tour 2013