vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

29.10.2013 - John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | 1/2 Full
Setlist
Main Set: Pendulum, Release, In My Tree, Corduroy, Go, Why Go
07. Lightning Bolt, Mind Your Manners, I Am Mine, Swallowed Whole, Faithfull, Wishlist, Sirens, Jeremy, Grievance, Glorified G, The Fixer, Down, Rearviewmirror
Encore 1: The End, Thumbing My Way, Sleight Of Hand, Footsteps, Future Days, Mother, Given To Fly, Whipping, Big Wave, Sad, Porch
Encore 2: Breath, State Of Love And Trust, Alive, Baba O’Riley

« Letzte Änderung: 30. Oktober 2013 um 14:41 von binaural2002 »
PJ - 11/306/121 - 96 Zürich - 00 RaR - 07 München - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zürich - 24 Berlin 1
EV - 1/27/27 - 19 Düsseldorf

Offline Dercheef

• vaf | Immortality
Antwort #1 am: 29. Oktober 2013 um 17:51
53/1647/212

VAF-WM-2010 Tipp-Thread-Weltmeister
VAF-EM-2012 Tipp-Thread-Europameister

Offline tetzman

• vaf | Off He Goes
  • Mind your manners!
Antwort #2 am: 30. Oktober 2013 um 07:30
Was für eine Setlist! :o

01. Pendulum
02. Release
(Ed sings “Oh dear Lou” in the last verse. Presumably referring to Lou Reed who passed away the previous Sunday)
03. In My Tree
04. Corduroy
05. Go
06. Why Go
07. Lightning Bolt
(during the guitar intro Ed says, “Good evening, we’ll talk later. First I have a story to tell you.” starts singing.)

08. Mind Your Manners
(Ed says, “I remember exactly when this next song was written. It was right on Virginia Beach thirteen years ago when we were last here. We were really struggling with some things at the time. I also noticed that this is the anniversary of Hurricane Sandy. It is nice to know that after all those tragedy’s that we can find ourselves in this cozy building with you”.)
09. I Am Mine
10. Swallowed Whole
11. Faithfull
12. Wishlist
13. Sirens
(after the song is over Ed says “thanks a lot” and starts strumming his 12 string acoustic and singing the “a-ah, oh oh” outro. The audience joins in and they sing a couple of rounds of the outro. Not unlike the “Black” outro sing along)
14. Jeremy
15. Grievance
16. Glorified G
17. The Fixer
18. Down
(early in the song Ed sees something he doesn’t like happening. He asks if something is wrong and stops the band. The house lights come up and Ed says, “I think this is going to get sorted out quickly.” After a very brief pause Ed says “That was just a speed bump.” The band starts back into the song).
19. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1
(Ed jokes about how cool it would be if the 12 year old in the front had his first sip of wine at a Pearl Jam show. He says we will talk to our accountant and see if we can set up a fund in case the kid ends up at AA. He says “this next song we haven’t played this tour because it is so fucking depressing.” He apologizes to the parents for saying “fuck” so much in front of the kids. He thanks the audience for taking such good care of each other and that except for that one person it is great that it is safe for the kids to be up front.)

20. The End
21. Thumbing My Way
(this one is about getting out of college or not even getting into college or working a job that isn’t the one you wanted...hopefully when you get out of college their will be jobs to have.)
22. Sleight Of Hand
(Ed starts to play “Future Days” then asks the band if they can change the order. Stone starts playing “Footsteps”.
23. Footsteps
(“That last song is such a beautiful piece of music. You can say that when you didn’t write it. That music is so good and they let me write a song to it. Chris Cornell wrote a song to it and I think Andy Wood wrote a song to it. Let’s thank Jeff and Stone for starting this all off. And can we thank Matt Cameron for playing in two fucking bands? Okay, let’s turn the cameras off and get this over with. Ed goes down and pours something into a cup and says “That is for the Dad, you can do whatever you want with it.” (this refers back to Ed wanting to give some wine to the 12 year old in the front). Ed then laughs and says, that “is Gatorade. No wait, that was the wine...No, it was the Gatorade...well that is what some people call it.” Ed promises to talk about Mike later and introduces Boom.)
24. Future Days
25. Mother-(Waters)
26. Given To Fly
27. Whipping
(“This one doesn’t get played a lot. There are more surfers in Virginia than people realize”)
28. Big Wave
29. Sad
30. Porch

Encore Break 2
(Ed mentions a sign he sees about Lou Reed. Jeff plays a line of “Walk On The Wild Side”. Ed says, “Let’s, on the count of three, maybe he can still hear us, say ‘we love you Lou’.” Ed counts off and the audience complies.)
31. Breath
32. State Of Love And Trust
33. Alive
(Ed brings the young man up on the stage. Ed notes they knew every word to every song. Ed says that is great that kids are so into the band because they will at least have an audience of 2 people into their 80’s. Ed notes, “This is the Led Zeppelin arena” Mike starts playing Led Zeppelin riffs. Ed corrects himself, “oh no John Paul Jones arena)
34. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
35 | 1008 | 173

Offline Supermetty

• vaf | Off He Goes
Antwort #3 am: 30. Oktober 2013 um 07:45
Sehr schön!
Mir gefällt vor allem das Trio Thumbing My Way, Sleight Of Hand, Footsteps

EDIT: Wieso eigentlich nicht den kompletten ersten Encore akustisch? Hätte doch was...
2000: Landgraaf
2006: Arnheim - Antwerpen - Paris - Berlin
2007: München - Düsseldorf - Hurricane - Nijmegen - Werchter
2009: London - Rotterdam - Berlin
2010: Dublin - Belfast - Nijmegen - Berlin - Werchter
2012: Amsterdam² - Berlin² - Kopenhagen - (EV:) Amsterdam²
2014: Amsterdam² - Wien - Berlin

Offline springtime

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • it's (with) my blood
Antwort #4 am: 30. Oktober 2013 um 09:22
Sehr schön!
Mir gefällt vor allem das Trio Thumbing My Way, Sleight Of Hand, Footsteps

EDIT: Wieso eigentlich nicht den kompletten ersten Encore akustisch? Hätte doch was...

na, nu mecker mal an diesem sahnehäubchen nicht noch herum!   :police:

ich kann zu dieser setlist  eigentlich nur ´wow´sagen  :)
...i wish you was the verb to trust and never let me down...

really hard to imagine´2012:-))) :
manchester-manchester-amsterdam-amsterdam-prag-berlin-berlin-stockholm-oslo-copenhagen-below the göltzschtalbridge

Offline clashcityrocker

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • vorsitzender des powerpüppies fanclub
Antwort #5 am: 30. Oktober 2013 um 09:53
noch knapp 2,5 wochen.....würde die setlist so fürs erste konzert nehmen.
32-939-164

California über alles Tour 2013

Offline Evenflow

• vaf | Olympic Platinum
  • Holy shit!!!!!! :-O
Antwort #6 am: 30. Oktober 2013 um 16:01
Definitiv Highlightsetlist für meinen Geschmack. Macht wieder Spaß diese Tour mitzuverfolgen.
11/12+13/14  VAF-Kicktipp Sieger

2006 - Berlin
2007 - Düsseldorf
2009 - Rotterdam, Berlin
2010 - Nijmegen, Berlin
2012 - Prag, Berlin 1, Stockholm
2014 - Mailand, Triest, Berlin
2018 - London 1, Prag, Berlin, London 2
2022 - Berlin, Frankfurt, (Prag, AMS1😢), Amsterdam 2

Offline Ozone Baby

• vaf | Given To Fly
Antwort #7 am: 30. Oktober 2013 um 17:59
KILLER  >:D
2006 - Berlin
2007 - München,Kattowice,NovaRock,Düsseldorf,Hurricane,Kopenhagen,Nijmegen,Werchter
2009 - Berlin,London
2010 - Berlin
2012 - Berlin I + II
2014 - Berlin
2020 - Frankfurt + Berlin

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | 1/2 Full
Antwort #8 am: 30. Oktober 2013 um 20:38
@binaural2002: Das Shirt gehört hier rein.
Ups, sorry! Danke, schon ausgebessert meinen Fehler!
PJ - 11/306/121 - 96 Zürich - 00 RaR - 07 München - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zürich - 24 Berlin 1
EV - 1/27/27 - 19 Düsseldorf

Offline pepe

• vaf | Better Man
  • hail hail the lucky ones
Antwort #9 am: 30. Oktober 2013 um 22:19
geile kiste.
brauch auch ein gatorade.
don't need a helmet

Offline Traveller

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • Banana!!!
Antwort #10 am: 01. November 2013 um 17:47
Verdammt, für den Beginn bis LB würde ich morden!! Eieiei...
Der Kopf ist rund damit das Denken die Richtung wechseln kann.