vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

01.11.2013 - Voodoo Festival, New Orleans, LA

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | 1/2 Full
am: 31. Oktober 2013 um 15:04
Setlist
Main Set: Sirens, In My Tree, Save You, Corduroy, Animal, Lightning Bolt, Mind Your Manners, Given To Fly, Getaway, Even Flow, Present Tense, Severed Hand, Daughter/ Another Brick In The Wall Part II, Jeremy, Inside Job, State Of Love And Trust, Rearviewmirror
Encore: Chloe Dancer/ Crown Of Thorns, Do The Evolution, Go, Black, Alive, Rockin’ In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
« Letzte Änderung: 02. November 2013 um 09:30 von binaural2002 »
PJ - 11/306/121 - 96 Zürich - 00 RaR - 07 München - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zürich - 24 Berlin 1
EV - 1/27/27 - 19 Düsseldorf

Offline CrownOfThorns

• vaf | Off He Goes
  • früher war mehr old school...
Antwort #1 am: 01. November 2013 um 19:12
Poster by Ames Bros

46/1355/191

"Hallo Werner!" (S. Hentschel)

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | 1/2 Full
Antwort #2 am: 02. November 2013 um 09:27
Poster gefällt mir sehr gut!

Pearl Jam
Voodoo Fest
New Orleans, LA
Nov 1, 2013
Set List

(Steve Gleason introduces the band)
01. Sirens-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
02. In My Tree
03. Save You
04. Corduroy
05. Animal
06. Lightning Bolt-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
07. Mind Your Manners-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(Ed greets the audience and comments on how nice it is to play a festival with perfect weather. He compliments the crowd along the barricade about how well they are behaving. He says to one person, “I really like your energy and your jumping around but could you give your giant back pack to a security guard up front? You are banging into these two women behind you and I can’t take it.” Ed asks the audience if any of them have been arrested before? A pretty good roar comes back. “Wow, really? we are playing for a bunch of criminals. Like in Australia. Me too, I have been arrested. Okay everybody who has been arrested put your hands up. Now how many have been arrested in New Orleans? I’m keeping my hand up.” Ed also gives out most of a phone number of a person who will bail them out. “It is Macklemore’s number and if he can’t afford your entire bail he will give you ten bucks for some Grandpa’s shoes.” He than thanks and compliments Macklemore and Ryan Lewis as brothers from Seattle and dedicates the next song to them.)
08. Given To Fly
(“The next song is about intolerance. That is one thing we can’t tolerate, intolerance. This song is about religious intolerance. It is called ‘Getaway’”)
09. Getaway-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
10. Even Flow
11. Present Tense
(Ed jokes that the next song is about all the marijuana overdoses since it was legalized in Washington State.)
12. Severed Hand
13. Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall Part II-(Waters)
14. Jeremy
(Ed thanks Steve Gleason and his family for being good friends and inspirations to the band. He dedicates the next song to them.)
15. Inside Job
16. State Of Love And Trust
17. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1
(Ed greets the crowd and says he has some wine left. “We know we are just preparing the stage for Nine Inch Nails and we would like to toast Trent Reznor and his band mates.” Ed also talks about the gulf disaster and The Gulf Restoration Network who are trying to help clean up the oil spill and get people the truth about all the advertising and misinformation a company whom Ed won’t name but he will give out their initials, BP, After tropical storm Karen more tar balls were discovered and it is clear that not is well in the gulf.
“Steve Gleason made up this set list and I was really very excited to sing this one.”)
18. Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns
19. Do The Evolution
(Ed checks with the audience and security to make sure everyone is okay. He spots some people dressed up in furry costumes. He asks if they need any ventilation and then comments, “I read about something like this on a Sonic Youth record. Something about how people can’t get sexually excited unless they are dressed up like that. Is that you? I knew I would never see anything like this until I got to New Orleans. Okay, I am in room 518 at the Hudson Arms or whatever it is. I will bring my teddy bear.”)
20. Go
21. Black
22. Alive
23. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
(For “Rockin’” a person in a bunny outfit and another with a unicorn mask are onstage. Presumably the people Ed was talking to before “Go”)
24. Yellow Ledbetter
(Mike stands in front of Steve Gleason while he plays the solo at the end of “Yellow”)
PJ - 11/306/121 - 96 Zürich - 00 RaR - 07 München - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zürich - 24 Berlin 1

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | 1/2 Full
Antwort #3 am: 02. November 2013 um 09:32
VooDoo Fest Sticker & Shirt

Offline frusciantefan

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • nothingman
Antwort #4 am: 02. November 2013 um 11:16
Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns werden im Moment zu inflationär gespielt find ich.
Fail with consequence, lose with eloquence and smile.
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

Offline tetzman

• vaf | Off He Goes
  • Mind your manners!
Antwort #5 am: 02. November 2013 um 11:58
Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns werden im Moment zu inflationär gespielt find ich.

Das denke ich auch.
Das Set liest sich gar nicht so schlecht, auch wenn es deutlich weniger Songs als sonst sind (klar, Festival!) und sozusagen ein Best-Of-Set gebastelt wurde ;)
Aber In My Tree, SOLAT, Inside Job, Present Tense, Animal und Go ... das sind schon wahre Perlen :D

Mal kein Pendulum als Opener? Damit hat sicherlich keiner gerechnet ... und dann auch noch gleich Sirens zu Beginn, verrückt.
35 | 1008 | 173

Offline Evenflow

• vaf | Olympic Platinum
  • Holy shit!!!!!! :-O
Antwort #6 am: 02. November 2013 um 15:25
Für ein Festival eine richtig tolle Setlist. Cloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns ist schon ein Schmankerl, wäre schade, wenn es nach der US-Tour wieder in der Versenkung verschwindet.
11/12+13/14  VAF-Kicktipp Sieger

2006 - Berlin
2007 - Düsseldorf
2009 - Rotterdam, Berlin
2010 - Nijmegen, Berlin
2012 - Prag, Berlin 1, Stockholm
2014 - Mailand, Triest, Berlin
2018 - London 1, Prag, Berlin, London 2
2022 - Berlin, Frankfurt, (Prag, AMS1😢), Amsterdam 2

Offline ed

• vaf | Sometimes
Antwort #7 am: 02. November 2013 um 17:34
Best of Festival Liste ohne Betterman. Gleason hat auf den Standard gesetzt, was beim Festival ja nicht unbedingt schlecht ist. Das Sirens zu Beginn kommt hätte man sich bei der Vorgeschichte vielleicht denken können. Überraschungen da dann sicherlich In my tree, Inside job und Chloe Dancer / Crown of thorns. Steve Gleason muss echt Einfluss auf die Jungs genommen haben. Weiß noch nicht so ganz wie ich damit umgehen soll. Das Poster ist gar nicht meins, da gabs bessere für meinen Geschmack bisher auf der Tour.
I CAN GUARANTEE

00 - Nürburg
06 - Arnheim|Antwerpen|Berlin
07 - München|Düsseldorf|Nijmegen|Werchter
08 - New York I+II|Hartford|BostonII
09 - Berlin
12 - Berlin I+II|Stockholm
14 - Berlin|Leeds
18 - Landgraaf|Berlin
22 - Frankfurt|AmsterdamI

Offline tetzman

• vaf | Off He Goes
  • Mind your manners!
Antwort #8 am: 06. November 2013 um 12:45
Ich habe mir gestern abend mal 10 Minuten von diesem (qualitativ eher mäßigen) Video vom Voodoo Festival angeschaut und war erschrocken, dass Sirens so dermaßen zu schnell gespielt wurde!
War das bei den anderen Konzerten auch so oder hatte man es nur in N'Orleans so eilig?
35 | 1008 | 173