vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

21.11.2013 - Viejas Arena, San Diego, CA

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | 1/2 Full
am: 20. November 2013 um 07:51
Setlist
Main Set: Pendulum, Nothingman, Sometimes, Why Go, Lightning Bolt, Mind Your Manners, All Night, Given To Fly, Tremor Christ, In Hiding, Setting Forth, Swallowed Whole, Army Reserve, Even Flow, Insignificance, Sirens, Better Man/ Save It For Later, Spin The Black Circle, Light Years, Porch
Encore 1: Sleight Of Hand, Speed Of Sound, Just Breathe, Sleeping By Myself, Severed Hand, In My Tree, Rearviewmirror
Encore 2: Leaving Here, Black, Do The Evolution, Alive, Baba O’Riley, Yellow Ledbetter/ Star Spangled Banner, Rockin’ In The Free World
« Letzte Änderung: 22. November 2013 um 09:35 von binaural2002 »
PJ - 11/306/121 - 96 Zürich - 00 RaR - 07 München - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zürich - 24 Berlin 1
EV - 1/27/27 - 19 Düsseldorf

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | 1/2 Full
Antwort #1 am: 20. November 2013 um 22:35
PJ - 11/306/121 - 96 Zürich - 00 RaR - 07 München - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zürich - 24 Berlin 1

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | 1/2 Full
Antwort #2 am: 21. November 2013 um 22:06
Das oben gepostete Bild ist dann wohl nicht das offizielle Poster, so steht es zumindest bei insidetherockposterframeblog, woher das dann stammt, keine Ahnung.

Zitat
Pearl Jam are in San Diego tonight and surprise that shwappy poster some of you saw yesterday is not the one for tonight. Brandon Heart did the poster and hell yeah the surf is up at the Viejas Arena. Tickets still remain for the show.

Brandon Heart Poster:

Offline holo92

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #3 am: 21. November 2013 um 23:31
Schönes Poster, nicht das erste auf der US-Tour!

Hoffentlich halten sie das Niveau für die Europakonzerte 2014 so hoch.

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | 1/2 Full
Antwort #4 am: 22. November 2013 um 09:31
01. Pendulum-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
02. Nothingman
03. Sometimes
04. Why Go
05. Lightning Bolt-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
06. Mind Your Manners from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
07. All Night

(“A lot of people say this and mean it but it is special for us ‘cuz I am a semi local boy so it is great to be here in San Diego. Traffic still sucks. It was a perfect Seattle day.” Ed compliments the venue and notes that his brother Chris is a spot operator tonight. “This is for Chris.”)

08. Given To Fly

(Stone starts to play “In Hiding” and Ed stops him saying, “I was gonna try and sneak another one in before that because it is appropriate for here.”)

09. Tremor Christ
10. In Hiding

(Ed asks if Rob and his wife from Manilla are at the show tonight and plan on going to LA as well. Ed asks them to come up to the stage and hang out on the side because he wants to meet and talk to them. Ed then talks about an out of body experience he had in New Orleans.)

11. Setting Forth
12. Swallowed Whole-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”

(We would like to dedicate this one to all the local heroes form Camp Pendleton and Point Loma. It is called Army Reserve.”

13. Army Reserve
14. Even Flow

(“A lot of our folks are here tonight, Matt’s Mother sister and brother, All three of my brothers are here. Mike McCready’s pop is here with his buddy. It is almost like they are showing off for their parents but they are like that every night. In fact they may have been holding back so they didn’t freak their folks out. Mike’s dad thinking, ‘my sons a monster!!” This song ties into San Diego. Here they make (planes?) and this is about planes that drop bombs)

15. Insignificance

(“Before we do the next song can I ask if our new friend Rob is in the house? C’mon up here. Someone turned me on to this really nice story about Rob who has been listening to us for about 21 years. We played (Manilla) in ’95 and you missed that. We have great memories of playing there. We are gonna see you in LA but we are going to give you a check to take back so you can help out. We thought we could save the postage and give you 100% of the money...Now I hear you had a child and you named him?
Rob says, “Eddie, we named him Eddie.” Ed says, “Well Cameron is a much better name but anyway.” Ed gives Rob a bottle of wine.)

16. Sirens (with sing along outro)-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
17. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

(“I wanna dedicate this to the last man standing..Lou’s Records, where I bought all my records, there still going, Lou’s Records.”

18. Spin The Black Circle-(during song Ed tells some people to settle down. They must have calmed down because he then says “you got it. that’s good.”)
19. Light Years (“this is for Ryan, Kelly and Lacey...you are all here)
20. Porch (during the song Mike beats one of the globes with his guitar (a 1959 Les Paul TV Junior for you collectors out there) until chunks of the globe break off.)

Encore Break 1

(Ed says he sees a lot of the same faces from San Diego from back when he lived here. Someone in the front say they are from Tijuana which cause Ed to ask if “Iguana’s” is still there? It is. “scary place. great place to see a show but scary.” He reminisces about San Diego. He ends by noting that he wrote this song here and about having to wear a tie.

21. Sleight Of Hand
22. Speed Of Sound
(Ed talks about their friend and former crew member who now works for Neil Young and managed to live and work in San Diego. Ed says this next song if for all the great couples)
23. Just Breathe
(“We have played every song from the new album except this one. I am just letting you know that we are going to experiment and try this one out......I don’t know how to start it..”)
24. Sleeping By Myself--from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
(when the song is over Ed plays the Ukulele trying to remember how to play the song. “See now I remember it...”) He plays for a bit and says, “I just had to figure it out. If this wasn’t my favorite one (ukulele) I would smash it for effect.
This next song is about responsible drug use which I think you can do.”)
25. Severed Hand
26. In My Tree
27. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 2
(“I hear the surf is gonna be shitty anyway so we may as well stay. I mean we are on a college campus and I would like advantage of that..” Ed points his mom out in the audience and asks the audience to pass a wine bottle over to her. Ed also wants to mention a friend of Stone’s named Camille and another friend of theirs Gloria Steinem. “This is for all the great woman here. It is called “Leaving Here.”

28. Leaving Here-(Holland, Holland, Dozier)
29. Black
30. Do The Evolution
31. Alive
32. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)

(Ed jokes about playing the next show’s set list so they can keep playing. He then says he wants to be serious and he tells Rob (from the Philippines) that they want to give him a check in his families name. “it is couple of bucks for each person here so it is about $25,000 it isn’t much..” Ed goes on to talk about other ways people can donate and help and talks about some locals who are putting on a food drive. Lastly he mentions Mike’s father being here along with his friend. They were shot down in the Gulf of Tonkin and they want to play this song for them.

33. Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner
34. Rockin’ In The Free World w/ Ray Cameron on guitar-(Young)

Offline Vasall

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • hey ho let's go
Antwort #5 am: 22. November 2013 um 10:10
wie bei allen Konzerten 2013 ist der erste Zugabenblock das Hightlight.
War bestimmt ein schöner Abend, auch wenn das Hauptset irgendwie "zusammengeschustert" wirkt...

Offline ElHefe

• vaf | Off He Goes
  • Let it ride!
Antwort #6 am: 22. November 2013 um 10:27
Och, All night, Tremor Christ(!!!) und Army Reserve hätte ich mit Kusshand genommen. Beide Encores und die generelle Länge des Sets- Wahnsinn!
2022 Berlin, Zürich, Frankfurt, Kopenhagen, Budapest, Krakau, Wien, Prag
2018 Berlin
2014 Berlin
2012 Prag, Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Kopenhagen
2010 Berlin
2009 Rotterdam, Berlin
2007 München, Düsseldorf
2006 Berlin

13/378/121

Online Dercheef

• vaf | Immortality
Antwort #7 am: 22. November 2013 um 10:46
Wahnsinns Show, 3:23 h lang. Der zweite Zugabenblock war unglaublich, der erste hatte leider mit Speed Of Sound, Just Breathe und SBM nen ziemlichen Durchhänger (auch wenn SOS besser als erwartet war). Das wird schwer zu toppen sein.

p.s. Sirens kann wirklich gar nichts, der Song geht mir jetzt schon auf die Eier.
53/1647/212

VAF-WM-2010 Tipp-Thread-Weltmeister
VAF-EM-2012 Tipp-Thread-Europameister

Offline Tyler Durden

• vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • Nimm einen tiefen Zug, dann kannst Du gut kacken!
Antwort #8 am: 22. November 2013 um 11:00
Coole Sache! Schade, dass All Or None gestrichen wurde.
88/2511/244

Bis zum bitteren Ende.......95 ole!

"Man macht auch nicht in drei Tagen aus einer Würstchenbude eine Großraumdiskothek." (Norbert Meier)

Offline Supermetty

• vaf | Off He Goes
Antwort #9 am: 22. November 2013 um 11:07
Wahnsinns Show, 3:23 h lang.

... und nächstes Jahr bei uns wieder 2 bis 2,5 Stunden. Und auf Festival 1:30.
Schönes Set.
2000: Landgraaf
2006: Arnheim - Antwerpen - Paris - Berlin
2007: München - Düsseldorf - Hurricane - Nijmegen - Werchter
2009: London - Rotterdam - Berlin
2010: Dublin - Belfast - Nijmegen - Berlin - Werchter
2012: Amsterdam² - Berlin² - Kopenhagen - (EV:) Amsterdam²
2014: Amsterdam² - Wien - Berlin

Offline tetzman

• vaf | Off He Goes
  • Mind your manners!
Antwort #10 am: 22. November 2013 um 11:15
Feines Konzert, welches auch gefühlte 45 Minuten hätte kürzer sein können, wenn EV nicht permanent ausschweifend erzählt hätte, wie beim Stammtisch war das heute ;D
MMn toppt die Band erneut die spielerische Leistung vom letzten Jahr, ich bin sehr zufrieden nach meinen ersten zwei Konzerten!
Meine Highlights: Sleight of hand, Leaving here, All night und In my tree.
SBM war überraschend deutlich cooler als die Studioversion, den fand ich richtig gelungen (trotz kleiner Pannen bei EV).
Vom Event-Shirt gab es anscheinend 10 Stück in L, das war's ::)
35 | 1008 | 173

Offline Leana

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • 'Kenn you this Man'- Tour 2014
Antwort #11 am: 22. November 2013 um 12:08
Ui...schick schick.. :o Die ersten drei Songs hätten bei mir schon Schnappatmung verursacht!!  :D

Wenn man das überhaupt so beurteilen kann.. aber es liest sich toll! Tremor Christ, In Hiding.. in my Tree.. uff.. schön das Ihr so verwöhnt werdet :D
Count your blessings: 2007: München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen,Werchter - 2009: Rotterdam,Berlin,Seattle - 2010: Newark, NYI + II,Dublin,Belfast,Nijmegen,Berlin - 2011 Toronto I+II, Ottawa,Hamilton,Calgary,Vancouver - 2012: Manchester,Amsterdam,Prag,Berlin,Stockholm,Oslo,Kopenhagen

Offline Tomcat1975

• vaf | Off He Goes
  • how i choose to feel is how i am
Antwort #12 am: 22. November 2013 um 17:02
Ich finde das Set sehr cool und abwechslungsreich :)
1996-

Offline slako

• vaf | Better Man
Antwort #13 am: 22. November 2013 um 18:10
bootleg davon wird definitiv gekauft, muss sein !!

Offline clashcityrocker

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • vorsitzender des powerpüppies fanclub
Antwort #14 am: 22. Januar 2014 um 15:54
aaaargh...diese loser gurken truppe vom TC und Nugget....was ist denn nun mit den Boots....
von den Black Crowes habe ich schon lange das Bootleg von LA.

war ein klasse konzert, denke sehr gern dran zurück, neben phoenix für mich die beste show.
32-939-164

California über alles Tour 2013