vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

Jeremy cover - Bring Pearl Jam To Israel

Offline bpj2il

• vaf | Soon Forget
am: 01. Dezember 2013 um 16:07
Orphaned Land recorded a cover of Pearl Jam's classic "Jeremy" in their effort to persuade them to perform live in Israel. Israeli rock radio producer Ben Red started a 'campaign' on Facebook, on January 1st 2013.
Orphaned Land's frontman Kobi Farhi commented:
"For some reason Pearl Jam have never played in Israel, though they have a huge fan base here. Since the 90′s I have been a diehard fan of them and the the whole grunge scene. [...] As a musician I know that I wish to go and play for my fans wherever they are. As an Israeli it’s almost impossible for me to go and play for my Arab fans in the Arab world, but Pearl Jam can easily come here. There is no doubt they will sell out the biggest stadium here! Metallica has been here three times already, so why can’t we have one concert from Pearl Jam?" and he added about the cover "We as fans, and me considering myself to be a twin wannabe of Eddie Vedder, thought we could contribute our help by recording a cover of one of the band’s classic songs. Making a cover is always scary. It’s as if you are dealing with something holy, but we tried to make the song with the Oriental touch and atmosphere of Orphaned Land’s songs. I hope we succeeded!"

https://www.facebook.com/Bring.Pearl.Jam.To.Israel