vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

31.01.2014 - Big Day Out Festival, Bonython Park, Adelaide

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | 1/2 Full
Setlist
Main Set: Why Go, Do The Evolution, Corduroy, Lightning Bolt, Mind Your Manners, Blood, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Got Some, My Father’s Son, Eruption, Even Flow, Sirens, Daughter/ It's OK, Given To Fly, World Wide Suicide, Once, Red Mosquito, Betterman/ Save It For Later
Encore 1: Throw Your Arms Around Me, Mother, Jeremy, Lukin, Porch
Encore 2: Alive, Kick Out The Jams, Baba O’Riley
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Januar 2014 um 17:16 von binaural2002 »
PJ - 11/306/121 - 96 Zürich - 00 RaR - 07 München - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zürich - 24 Berlin 1
EV - 1/27/27 - 19 Düsseldorf

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | 1/2 Full
Antwort #1 am: 31. Januar 2014 um 07:14
PJ - 11/306/121 - 96 Zürich - 00 RaR - 07 München - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zürich - 24 Berlin 1

Offline pepe

• vaf | Better Man
  • hail hail the lucky ones
Antwort #2 am: 31. Januar 2014 um 09:11
das sieht ja ganz geil aus.
don't need a helmet

Offline Supermetty

• vaf | Off He Goes
Antwort #3 am: 31. Januar 2014 um 12:03
Setlist(Aus dem MP):

1.WHY GO
2.DO THE EVOLUTION
3.CORDUROY
4.LIGHTNING BOLT
5.MIND YOUR MANNERS
6.BLOOD
7.SMALL TOWN
8.GOT SOME
9.MY FATHERS SON
10.EVEN FLOW
11.SIRENS
12.DAUGHTER
13.ITS OK
14.GIVEN TO FLY
15.WORLD WIDE SUICIDE
16.ONCE
17.RED MOSQUITO
18.BETTER MAN

ENCORE 1

19.THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND ME
20.MOTHER
21.JEREMY
22.LUKIN
23.PORCH

ENCORE 2

24.ALIVE
25.KICK OUT THE JAMS
26.BABA
27.YL

Red Mosquito war wohl nicht auf der Setlist, aber was wurde da gestrichen - Low Light & Nothingman (wird spekuliert)?
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Januar 2014 um 13:08 von Supermetty »
2000: Landgraaf
2006: Arnheim - Antwerpen - Paris - Berlin
2007: München - Düsseldorf - Hurricane - Nijmegen - Werchter
2009: London - Rotterdam - Berlin
2010: Dublin - Belfast - Nijmegen - Berlin - Werchter
2012: Amsterdam² - Berlin² - Kopenhagen - (EV:) Amsterdam²
2014: Amsterdam² - Wien - Berlin

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | 1/2 Full
Antwort #4 am: 31. Januar 2014 um 17:13
01. Why Go
02. Do The Evolution
03. Corduroy
04. Lightning Bolt
05. Mind Your Manners
06. Blood

(Ed welcomes the audience and says they are glad to be back in South Australia.
He says hello to the people in the “free water” section and says it looks nice but since you can only drink water there he wouldn’t wanna watch the show from there.
He says he doesn’t understand how the part of Australia that is closest to Antarctica could be so damn hot. He commends the people that got to the show early and have stayed up front all day. He offers to buy anyone that he recognizes from the front row drinks all night if they see him at the pool hall by the Scarborough Hotel the band frequents)

07. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
08. Got Some

(“This one is like a father’s day card. If your father is a fucking asshole.”)

09. My Father’s Son

(“Mr. Mike McCready has agreed to entertain you while I get just half a breath.”)
10. Eruption-(Van Halen)
11. Even Flow

(Ed talks about Soundgarden, Cosmic Psychos and Mudhoney who have played previous Big Day Out festivals. He says he had heard the term ‘Bogan’ and wondered what it meant. “I assumed it was an insult but when someone described a Bogan I realized most of my Aussie friends were Bogans. May be it means something different back in the states.
He mentions the upcoming Super Bowl and notes that while they wouldn’t normally care, the Seattle Seahawks are playing this year. Ed shows a jersey that a fan made for him. “Seattle Washington is playing Denver Colorado. The only two states in all fifty United States that have legal marijuana. Maybe other states and other countries will take notice.” He also wonders who Snoop Lion is rooting for. This next song is called Sirens-dedicated to the Seattle Seahawks.”
12. Sirens w/ sing along outro
13. Daughter/It's OK-(Cole)

(“Here’s to playing in the flight path!” A reference to the fact that there is an airport nearby and planes fly fairly low over the park)

14. Given To Fly
(“This used to be a song about war. Now it feels more like a song about climate change.”)
15. World Wide Suicide
(Ed starts to say something about reading a story to your child but gets distracted because he is getting bit by a mosquito. “Fucking mosquito. Twenty thousand people here and it’s eating me...Actually I am glad about that. Rather me than you.”

“Okay, so this is like a bedtime story you read to your child. It starts out ‘Once upon a time.”)
16. Once
(“This here is a request of sorts.”)
17. Red Mosquito
18. Betterman/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
{Ed asks if the people in the free water section will clap along then chides them for being out of time and when they get the groove, he compliments them. He notes that this is the part where they have the most girls on guys shoulders usually. Tonight he notes that there was a woman with a guy on her shoulders, “way to go mama”

Encore Break 1

(Ed asks for an Aussie beer, “VB? Cascade? Tasmania? No? Well instead of Aussie beer how about an Aussie song?”

19. Throw Your Arms Around Me-(Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters)
20. Mother-(Waters)
21. Jeremy
22. Lukin
23. Porch

Encore Break 2

(Ed thanks the bands that have been playing Big Day Out. He also says, “this is for the guy on top of that thing trying to make out with his girlfriend but can’t because she is about to vomit.)

24. Alive
(Ed brings up Mark Arm describing him as one of the greatest singers of all time. Mark replies with an “aw shucks”.
25. Kick Out The Jams w/ Mark Arm-(Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner)
26. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)

(Ed thanks the people putting on Big Day Out. He knows they tried to make it better than the last few times. He thanks the audience for being so well behaved in this extremely hot weather.
“Okay, this is your walk out music or whatever.”)

27. Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing-(Hendrix) (Ed plays drums for the Little Wing portion)

Offline Vasall

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • hey ho let's go

Offline Dercheef

• vaf | Immortality
Antwort #6 am: 31. Januar 2014 um 17:47
Gefällt mir nicht wirklich. Zum einen find ich das Hochkant-Format doof, zum anderen ist es mir ein wenig zu hektisch und überladen, ohne dass es dabei auf anhieb ein stimmiges Gesamtbild ergibt.
53/1647/212

VAF-WM-2010 Tipp-Thread-Weltmeister
VAF-EM-2012 Tipp-Thread-Europameister

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | 1/2 Full
Antwort #7 am: 31. Januar 2014 um 17:49
Gefällt mir nicht wirklich. Zum einen find ich das Hochkant-Format doof, zum anderen ist es mir ein wenig zu hektisch und überladen, ohne dass es dabei auf anhieb ein stimmiges Gesamtbild ergibt.
Geht mir ähnlich. Das Poster haut mich irgendwie auch nicht vom Hocker.

Offline Vasall

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • hey ho let's go
Antwort #8 am: 31. Januar 2014 um 18:31

Ich finde das Zusammenspiel von Hand und Blitz und Löwenkopf auch zu hektisch  ::) ;)

Offline Dercheef

• vaf | Immortality
Antwort #9 am: 31. Januar 2014 um 18:55

Ich finde das Zusammenspiel von Hand und Blitz und Löwenkopf auch zu hektisch  ::) ;)

Dann sind wir uns ja einig!  ;D
53/1647/212

VAF-WM-2010 Tipp-Thread-Weltmeister
VAF-EM-2012 Tipp-Thread-Europameister