Offline binaural2002

• vaf | 1/2 Full
am: 06. August 2016 um 08:53

Walk On Music: Baba O’Riley
Band Onstage: 7:40
Band Offstage: 10:30

01. Release
02. Long Road
(“let me take a look at you before the sun goes down. I don’t know how it happened but look at us. We are all at center field.”)
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. Low Light
05. All Those Yesterday’s (during the outro Ed reads off all of the Red Sox championship banners)
06. Given To Fly
07. Mind Your Manners
08. Why Go
(Ed ask the audience how it sounds and lets them know it sounds great on stage. He mentions he likes the Cubs which elicits some boos. Ed gently chastises the audience for so soon forgetting how it feels to suffer. Ed briefly ponders the number of rings the Cubs have compared to a certain politicians balls. He states emphatically that he is purely speculating. He says the Red Sox were always his favorite American League team.)
09. Daughter, WMA, Another Brick In The Wall-part 2-(Waters) (one chorus only changes one lyric to “people leave your guns at home”)

10. Even Flow (Mike goes to the barricade and solos with the guitar behind his head while he is embraced by fans. Ed hands the mic to some gentlemen at the barricade to sing a little bit)

(Matt and Stone start “Grievance” but stop after 30 seconds when no one else joins in. turns out they skipped on a song on the set list.)

(The next song is dedicated to #34 “Big Papi {David Ortiz}”. Ed can’t believe this is going to be his last year.)
11. Faithfull
12. Grievance
(Ed apologizes for bringing up the person he brought up earlier. He doesn’t want to give that person any attention and he doesn’t want to be divisive in any manner. He wants tonight to be all about getting along and feeling safe together.)
13. I Am Mine
14. Down (Dedicated to Howard Zinn)

(Ed invites up a guest that used to pitch for the Red Sox and is the owner of one of the rings that the Red Sox have won. The player is on another mound now and he is rehabbing his arm and that involves playing acoustic guitar. Ed introduces their friend Bronson Arroyo.)

15. Black w/ guest Bronson Arroyo on acoustic guitar and backing vocals. Ed asks the audience to hold up lights so Bronson can see how magical this place can be. The audience complies with a huge display.

16. Do The Evolution
17. Masters Of War-(Dylan) {full band e.v. electric gtr)
18. I Am A Patriot-(Van Zandt) {fast version full band}
19. Porch (Ed goes to the barricade for the outro and ends up with a Red Sox cap)

Encore Break One
During the break Ed chats with the audience and has some Polaroids of the crowds he took on the first tour displayed on the video screens. He says the first time they played in Boston at a club called Axis. He doesn’t have pictures from that show because he took pictures of security guys beating up a kid. He laughs over the security guy trying to tear the Polaroids but he didn’t get the pictures back. He also shows Polaroids from when he snuck into Fenway because he just HAD to get in.

20. Strangest Tribe
“you’ve been a great tribe”
21. Society-(Hannan)
“This is for Jason and his wife”
22. Just Breathe

(Ed appears to change his mind about what song he wants to do. He asks if he can get a uke. Former Red Sox player Kevin “Youk” Youkilis delivers Ed’s ukulele. “Hey, I got a Youk!” They drink wine and praise the Red Sox nation. As Youk leaves the stage Ed thanks him for dressing up for the occasion, which Youk, clearly did not do.)

23. Sleeping By Myself
24. Wasted Reprise/Life Wasted (Ed sings the line “Don’t Give Up” four times before starting the Wasted Reprise. Possibly quoting Peter Gabriel’s song but it didn’t follow the melody and was just those four words.)
25. State Of Love And Trust (Ed walks to the far wings while singing while Mike runs all over the place. Before the solo Ed lies on his stomach and reaches for a beer from an audience member. He takes a sip and hands it back. Blue gets a great shot of the security persons amused reaction to Ed’s antics. )

“We are going to borrow a song from our friend Roger. We sang it together for a Hurricane Sandy benefit and we have done it ourselves a few times but it seems like a great song to play out doors. And if anybody is tripping balls or whatever version is your favorite”.

26. Comfortably Numb-(Gilmour, Waters) {Ed plays piano during the outro solo}
27. Corduroy (during the instrumental break while getting the audience to sing asks the audience if they have a few more innings in them or do they need a relief pitcher. “We got it if you got it.”)

Encore Break Two

Ed thanks the fans for being so great and praises the venue.

28. Draw The Line-(Perry, Tyler) Aerosmith cover
“That’s for Joe Perry. We are thinking about you.”
29. Alive
(Ed introduces the band. Ed also introduces the great sportswriter Peter Gammons who comes on stage.)
Ed says the band is going to try and play a song they haven’t played since maybe the first time they came to Boston. He says the request came from Mathew Plummer whose father had passed away. Ed gets a little choked up while talking about it. He tells Mathew that they can all relate to losing someone. Mathew and his father didn’t agree on all music but they came together on this song.
30. I’ve Got A Feeling-(Lennon, McCartney)
31. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
PJ - 11/306/121 - 96 Zürich - 00 RaR - 07 München - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zürich - 24 Berlin 1
EV - 1/27/27 - 19 Düsseldorf

Offline Vasall

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • hey ho let's go
Antwort #1 am: 06. August 2016 um 17:05
... scheint ja ein kurzweiliger Abend gewesen zu sein...

Offline binaural2002

• vaf | 1/2 Full
Antwort #2 am: 08. August 2016 um 08:32

Walk On Music: Pendulumorphosis 7:33
Band Onstage:07:34
Band Offstage:10:47

01. Pendulum

(Ed remarks that things are going to get a lot faster later but he wants to enjoy easing into the scene because it is so nice. He also brings up the incident reports submitted by security at the end of the evening. “No, not Mike McCready, those went unreported.” Ed suggests the audience pace themselves so there are fewer alcohol related ejections.)

02. Off He Goes
03. Nothing As It Seems
(“Sometimes I will make up any excuse to make a toast but this one is deep.” EV goes on to enumerates all of the hard work the grounds crew had to put in on the off day to keep these hallowed grounds looking good. He toasts the great ground crew and all the work they do.)

04. Nothingman
05. Wishlist
06. Interstellar Overdrive-(Barrett, Mason, Waters, Wright)
07. Corduroy
08. Animal
09. Hail, Hail
(Ed checks on the audience to make sure they are good. He confesses that he is actually resting before the next song. He reminds people the date to register to vote and notes that there is a bill to legalize marijuana and to make sure to get out and vote. He also praises the governor for passing an non discrimination bill for LGBTQ.)
10. Lightning Bolt
11. In Hiding
(“Playing in the deepest heart of the warning track is the hardest working drummer you will ever see. Mr. Matt Cameron.”)
12. Even Flow (Mike straddles the barricade and solos a bit with the front row.)
(After Mike tears it up on Evenflow Ed introduces the next song. “Not only can he do all that but in a moment of repose he can right a beautiful song like this…”)
13. Sirens (extended sing a long outro) (Ed says he and Jeff were talking and the subject or mortality and additional responsibilities came up as well as the preciousness and fragility of life they were aware that we all had to take care of each other.)

(“speaking of moments that will live in our memories..” Ed introduces Tom Hamilton of Aerosmith. Tom comes out and praises Pearl Jam and says he is impressed with two sold out nights at Fenway. Tom warns everyone that he has been playing with Thin Lizzy this summer so he is concerned that those old songs might have been pushed out of his head so he is gonna just follow along.)
14. Draw The Line-(Perry, Tyler) W/ Tom Hamilton of Aerosmith. Tom plays Jeff’s checkerboard 12 string bass.

(Ed is thinking of playing a uke song. Asking for his uke and once again Kevin Youkilis comes out. He tells Ed that the only way to play Fenway is if you wear a Red Sox Jersey. Ed reaches for his belt and begins to unbuckle it asking “just a Red Sox Jersey?” Ed ends up keeping his pants on but he does wear the jersey while “Youk” introduces the next song.)

15. Lukin
16. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney) (tag)
17. Immortality
18. Deep
19. Jeremy
(Vedder tells the audience that even though the audience indicated earlier that they were here two shows ago Ed says tonight’s crowd is singing even better. Ed goes onto talk about the band is donating money from these shows to local charities through their Vitalogy foundation and notes that Theo Epstein and his brother are also contributing.)

20. Unthought Known
21. Rearviewmirror (shorter version)

Encore Break One
(Ed asks the audience how the are. “7th inning stretch? He is holding a cap and mitt and says, “I’ve got my hat and my glove and my ball. I ain’t leaving until I play some ball.” He again praises the venue and the audience. He tells a quick story about the band driving by the first hotel they stayed at. It was a Howard Johnson’s that was across the street. The band jokes that it took them 25 years to just get across the street but it was actually a pretty big jump. He thanks the local crew including Sam Kennedy. “hopefully we get to do it again someday.” Ed brings up the Boston Marathon bombing tragedy. He called all of his friends in Boston including Theo and he said “it is true. One city, Boston Strong”. They were in the studio when it happened and this was the song they were writing that day and some events influenced the lyrics.)

22. Yellow Moon
23. Angel
24. Footsteps
(“I don’t want to waste anytime but I can talk baseball for just a minute? There are a lot ties between rock music and baseball.” Ed talks how baseball was one of the ways he got to know Johnny Ramone. He also relates an anecdote about a spectacular home run Big Papi hit and some poor outfielder missed. He seems pleased that A-Rod is retiring.
25. I Believe In Miracles-(Ramone, Ray)
26. Mind Your Manners
27. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
(Ed stops playing the intro to ask the audience to please tell Dustin Pedroia hello and that he thinks he is a badass. Ed then continues the song.)

Encore Break Two

(Ed wishes his friend and guitar tech Simon Happy Birthday) Someone wearing a Trump mask helps to celebrate)
28. Smile
29. Go
30. Love, Reign O’re Me - (Townshend)
31. Do The Evolution
32. Breath
33. Alive
J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr comes out for “Rockin’”
34. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young) w/ J Mascis. Mike McCready on bass, Ray Cameron on guitar. Jeff Ament ran around and played drum sticks percussion.
Ed brings out Dick Dauphinee (sp) who has worked so many PJ shows. For Pearl Jam it doesn’t feel like a show in Boston until they see Dick.
35. Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner
PJ - 11/306/121 - 96 Zürich - 00 RaR - 07 München - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zürich - 24 Berlin 1
EV - 1/27/27 - 19 Düsseldorf

Offline slako

• vaf | Better Man
Antwort #3 am: 08. August 2016 um 20:07
Wow, beide Setlists sehr fein. Und J Mascis als Gast...cool