vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

B&P für 5 "Going to California with Plant, Tester and Bono" CLOSED UPDATE

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Der Umzug ist gemacht, mein Computer und mein Briefkasten langweilen sich und die ersten Audience Aufnahmen der Nordamerika Tour 2005 sind aufgetaucht.

Die Konzerte in Missoula und Chicago wurden nicht über den 10c vertrieben. Bei dem Missoula Gig handelt es sich nicht um Soundboard mp3s, die über recht mysteriöse Wege an die Öffentlichkeit gelangt sind, sondern um eine Fan Aufnahme.

08/29/05 - Adams Event Center, Missoula, MT

main set: MFC, Save You, Do The Evolution, 1/2 Full, Insignificance, Given To Fly, Sad, Even Flow, Faithfull, Daughter, Lukin, Grievance (incomplete), Whipping, I Got Shit, Nothing As It Seems, Rearviewmirror
first encore: Elderly Woman ..., Sleight of Hand, Black, Glorified G, Alive
second encore: Bee Girl (Ed and Jeff), Black Red Yellow, Better Man, Porch
third encore: Yellow Ledbetter
TFT Notes: This show was a political fundraiser for Montana politician Jon Tester's U.S. Senate Election Bid. Jeff Ament takes the stage first and thanks many people but "mostly, I want to thank the band - I want to thank Ed, Stone, Matt and Mike for coming over." Continuing he introduces the "next senator of Montana", Jon Tester. Jon Tester briefly and enthusiastically introduces Pearl Jam, alluding to his experience with fellow Montanan Jeff Ament, "this is what happens when a dirt farmer from Big Sandy runs for the U.S Senate teamed up with a bass player from Big Sandy and a world-class band. We're just a couple of Montana boys trying to have a good time." The band took the stage with the house lights still up. The crowd sings the last chorus of "Even Flow" after Ed pleas "Would you do me the privilege of singing this next chorus on your own? Giving me the day off, just for a chorus? Loud as you can, that kinda thing. Shall we? I'd be grateful." Before the outro of "Faithfull", Ed prepends:

I think we want to believe. I think we deserve to believe.
Something ... something ... something ...
They aint' trying to screw us, or rip us off, or tear us apart, or kill us, or take our lives. Lord have mercy...
M-Y-T-H-S ...
After some back-and-forth shout outs at the beginning of the "Daughter" jam, Ed sings an improv to the common tune of Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2":
"We don't need no misrepresentation
We don't need no Fox News Report
Take your bias, shove it up your asses
Don't you remember what the truth is worth?
Reporters leave Cindy Sheehan alone
Leave her alone...
Ed dedicates "Elderly Woman ..." to "the Mayor of Big Sandy" - Jon Tester, that is. The "Jeff Chant" is back in full force after "Black" and Ed praises Jeff saying that "when Jeff got a bit of money, from our band working in Seattle, the first thing he did was move back here." "Bee Girl" is played for the first time since October 2, 1994, a gap of 320 shows, and Ed acknowledges both prior performances (October 18, 1993 (Rockline) and October 2, 1994). With Phil Jackson (former Chicago Bulls coach, now L.A. Lakers coarch) in attendance, "Black, Red, Yellow" - written about "six extraordinary human beings that work together as a team" - is played for the first time since November 24, 1996, a gap of 246 shows. "Porch" starts again with the slow, funky intro. Before "Yellow Ledbetter", Ed salutes the crowd, acknowledging "it's been awhile since we played live, so we spend time living normal lives, we have no idea that there's this kind of energy out there waiting for us, so thanks again." All songs played tonight are Pearl Jam songs, no covers

09/19/05 - Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada

set: Release, Go, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, Elderly Woman..., Even Flow, Habit, Daughter/(W.M.A. / Androgynous Mind / Yahweh / Bad), Better Man, 1/2 Full, Black, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror
first encore: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Present Tense, Wishlist, Harvest Moon, Indifference, Alive
second encore:Blood, Jeremy, Leaving Here, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
TFT Notes: With members of U2 in attendance, Ed thanks them for "opening" for them in Toronto (U2 played four nights in a row over the previous weekend). A snippet of U2's "A Sort Of Homecoming" was played before "Elderly Woman...". Ed said, "Speaking as a dirty greasy American" in Habit. "Daughter" is tagged with a verse from "W.M.A.," the "Hey, Hey, it's OK" from Sonic Youth's "Androgynous Mind," a snippet of U2's "Yahweh," and part of U2's "Bad" ("If I could, yes I would / If I could, I would / Let it go"), and a bit of a call-and-response with melodic "Hey ho, let's go"s. There was also a very short "Bad" teaser before "Habit", with Ed saying he thought "Bad" was best song he'd heard about addiction, before he mentioned that "Habit" was another song about addiction. Corin Tucker from Sleater-Kinney joins the band on backing vocals on "Harvest Moon". Ed can't seem to find the right notes on the harmonica during "Harvest Moon" so he takes it and tosses it into the crowd. Jeff played all four solo parts during "Leaving Here", and Sleater-Kinney sing backup. The Edge from U2 is setting side stage (Mike's) all night and Bono joins the band for "Rockin' in the Free World".

10/05/05 - House of Blues, Chicago, IL, USA

set: Love Boat Captain, Grievance, Do The Evolution, Even Flow, Dissident, Elderly Woman..., Corduroy, Green Disease, Daughter, Half Full, I Am Mine, Better Man, Black, Alive, Save You, Porch
first encore: Man of the Hour, Hard to Imagine, I Got Shit, Rearviewmirror
second encore: Given to Fly, Going to California, Little Sister, Money (That's What I Want), Fool In the Rain, Thank You
third encore: Rockin' in the Free World
TFT Notes: This show was a benefit for the survivors of Hurricane Katrina, tickets were $1000 with net proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity, The American Red Cross and Jazz Foundation of America. 25 pairs of Ten Club tickets were made available to Chicago members for a minimum $80 donation per pair. "Elderly Woman..." is dedicated to those from the nearby small town of Naperville. "Daughter" does not include a formal tag, but there are shout-outs between Ed and the crowd. Being a Chicago Cubs fan, Ed talked a little about Chicago's other team, the White Sox, and the baseball playoffs (at the time of the show, White Sox are leading a playoff series). The crowd's response induced both "Cubs!" and "Sox!" chants. Ed then grabbed a Sox hat from the crowd and said, "Ok, Ok, is this better?". Someone threw a Cubs jersey with "23" with "Vedder" on the back which he hung on his guitar stand. After "Man of the Hour", everyone except Ed stands up off their stools. Ed asks for requests, (paraphrasing) "don't get used to it, but you paid one big one ($1,000), so we'll make an exception." He comments that he hears "Bee Girl" and something else. Jeff, Mike and Stone are all interacting with fans in front of them who are yelling requests, including the now routine vocal plea for "Leash". Mike heard a request, walked over to Ed and Ed said, "alright we'll do that one", leading to "Hard To Imagine". By the time the band finishes the song, Ed has his guitar and starts the lead into "I Got Shit". "Given to Fly" is dedicated to Robert Plant. During "Given To Fly", he requested and received an Illinois license plate from the crowd which said "GVN TO FLY". At the end of the song, Plant and his players Strange Sensation come out and go right into "Going to California" (from Led Zeppelin IV) as Ed sits on the drum riser, Mike and Jeff take a seat on the stage, and Stone stands to the side sipping some wine. The band is clearly into it as much as the crowd. Ed gets up, they have some banter and Plant stays on for Elvis Presley's "Little Sister" trading off on verses (Robert Plant has performed "Little Sister" throughout his career as a solo artist and with The Honeydrippers). "Money (That's What I Want)" (a motown hit from 1959 that has been covered in the past by the Beatles, The Rolling Stones and also by Robert Plant during his solo career) is played with Mike, Ed, Jeff, Stone, Matt all singing the "that's what I want!" chorus. "Fool In the Rain" (from Led Zeppelin's In Through the Out Door) is somewhat extended, with Boom providing the essential groove inherent to the song. Ed and Robert comment on having to have the lyric sheets and then they throw them to the crowd after the performance. "Thank You" (from Led Zeppelin II) was next, with Plant taking over most of the vocals as Ed left the stage. The band is clearly enjoying themselves and thrilled to be onstage with Robert Plant. They return for another encore with "Rockin' in the Free World" with Robert Plant playing Ed's guitar. Mike is shirtless for the encores. Ed does the usual "catch-pound-break-throw" routine with many tamborines. After a failed attempt, he flings one all the way to the balcony, but it is then thrown back into the pit by the person who caught it. Ed sees it come flying back and for a moment has a completely surprised look on his face as he looks back to the balcony. At close, the band left the stage with Plant and Ed out front. Ed started to leave the opposite way of Plant, stopped himself, then followed him off the same way, mouthing to the crowd and pointing "I'm with him". On the setlist but not played: MFC (replaced by Green Disease), Last Kiss (replaced by "Hard to Imagine).

Quelle: www.twofeetthick.com
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Oktober 2005 um 12:55 von bobafett »
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
1. Klee 11.11. / 16.11.
2. Axel 20.10. / 21.10.
3. Bluemoon 19.10. / 21.10.
4. Mopedtobias 25.10. / 26.10.
5. Sefie 20.10. / 20.10.
« Letzte Änderung: 17. November 2005 um 00:40 von bobafett »

Offline klee

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • it only took a day
Antwort #2 am: 14. Oktober 2005 um 16:20
1. klee (adresse hab ich)

Offline Rob Sweater

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #3 am: 14. Oktober 2005 um 16:51
2. Axel

@bobafett

vielen Dank dafür, dass Du einen B&P anbietest. Bin gerne bei dem Angebot dabei. Bräuchte noch Deine Daten.

Bis denn,

Axel

Offline bluemoon

• vaf | Given To Fly
Antwort #4 am: 14. Oktober 2005 um 18:22
2. Axel
3.bluemoon (ingrid.ludzuweit@t-online.de)

Edit: Ich brauch nur Missoula und Toronto.Wäre das auch möglich?
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Oktober 2005 um 18:36 von bluemoon »

Offline mopedtobias

• vaf | Sometimes
Antwort #5 am: 14. Oktober 2005 um 18:30
2. Axel
3.bluemoon
4.mopedtobias

vielen Dank schon vorab!
ich bin... der Wurstfachverkäuferin

Offline bluemoon

• vaf | Given To Fly
Antwort #6 am: 14. Oktober 2005 um 18:52
@ bobafett könntest du mir statt Chicago(bekomme ich schon von stickman) das Boston konzert aus dem jahr 94 brennen?
Ich meine das hier > 04/12/94 - Orpheum Theater: Boston

Ich habs zwar von SPS schon mal bekommen,aber leider ist es  defekt.

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #7 am: 14. Oktober 2005 um 20:38
@ bobafett könntest du mir statt Chicago(bekomme ich schon von stickman) das Boston konzert aus dem jahr 94 brennen?
Ich meine das hier > 04/12/94 - Orpheum Theater: Boston

Ich habs zwar von SPS schon mal bekommen,aber leider ist es  defekt.

Geht klar.

Offline sefie

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • Oh dear!
Antwort #8 am: 15. Oktober 2005 um 11:13

2. Axel
3.bluemoon
4.mopedtobias
5. sefie (aber auch ohne das Chicago-Konzert mit Robert Plant, das kriege ich schon von stamson)
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Oktober 2005 um 11:15 von sefie »

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
1. Klee
2. Axel
3. Bluemoon
4. Mopedtobias
5. Sefie

So, alle sind beanchrichtigt.

Offline bluemoon

• vaf | Given To Fly
Ich schick die Rohlinge dann am Montag raus.Ich hoffe das geht in Ordnung so.

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
1. Klee
2. Axel 20.10.
3. Bluemoon 19.10.
4. Mopedtobias
5. Sefie 20.10. / 20.10.

Update, der Rest geht morgen früh in die Post.

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
1. Klee
2. Axel 20.10. / 21.10.
3. Bluemoon 19.10. / 21.10.
4. Mopedtobias
5. Sefie 20.10. / 20.10.

Geht morgen alles raus.

Offline Rob Sweater

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
super, das Wochenende ist gerettet: Heute sind die CDs bei mir angekommen.

Boba, vielen Dank nochmal für das Anbieten des B&P

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
super, das Wochenende ist gerettet: Heute sind die CDs bei mir angekommen.

Boba, vielen Dank nochmal für das Anbieten des B&P

Kein Problem, viel Spaß damit und Daumen drücken, heute holen wir uns gegen Trier die Tabellenspitze zurück.