vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

LONDON CALLING !!!! B&P für Daheimgebliebene CLOSED/UPDATE

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Da nicht jeder von uns nach London fahren kann/will/darf etc., um Pearl Jam Live zu lauschen, biete ich den Daheimgebliebenen alle London Konzerte bis 99 als B&P an.

Ihr habt dann zwar nicht den aktuellen Live Genuß, aber die Club Atmosphäre kommt bei einigen Konzerten ziemlich gut rüber.

Es handelt sich hierbei um 7 Konzerte, das Konzert vom 4.2.92 wurde leider nicht aufgenommen. Die 2000er Konzerte sind nicht dabei, da ich nur die Soundboard Aufnahmen habe und ich keinen Ärger für die Admins will, da die Dinger noch in einigen Läden zu erwerben sind und ich davon ausgehe, das die eh die meisten hier haben.

Bis auf das Konzert vom 13.7.93 habe ich alle als FLAC File vorliegen, daher reicht es aus mir eine DVD und zwei CDs zu schicken.

02/28/92 - Union of London University: London, England
attendance: 600
set: Wash, Once, Even Flow/(All Right Now improv), Alone, Alive, Black, Deep, Jeremy, Why Go, Porch/Improv
enc: Leash, I've Got a Feeling
The show gets off to a rocky start, as Ed skips a lot of lyrics during 'Once' as he's trying to deal with the crowd (saying "fucking cut it out" at one point). He leads to 'Alone' with "So if you've got a heart and give it away and someone breaks it, fuck em." After 'Alone' are the famous words to crowd surfers: "Hold on one second ... see your boots there ... the big shiny metal buckles? See these people's heads here, because they are people's heads and these aren't fucking casaba melons. Everybody, it's a beautiful thing when you lie down on top of the crowd looking like Jesus Christ. But I swear all I wanna do is crucify you when I see you smashing peoples' heads." There is plenty of interaction with the audience -- Ed being very chatty despite discussing how his throat hurts. One line from 'Outshined' is inserted after 'Why Go,' with Ed saying he knows people will be at the Soundgarden show: "... someone has to be the organizer here. Somebody has to count '1,2,3 and hello from Pearl Jam.' Chris Cornell will blush -- down to his bellybutton." He asks for the lights to be turned up for "the last song" and 'Porch' is played, with an improvisation about "we would all be strangers in a strange place if it weren't for you." At one point, Ed climbs the PA stack, jumps to the curtains and swings along the wall using the curtain fabric like vines. Returning for the encore, PJ pays homage to Brent, the sound guy, talking about how he broke his leg in three places and dislocated his ankle, but make it back for this show. Stone says it happened when he was "fucking Prince Charles" and Ed jokes "he's a pretty wild guy." The long 'I've Got a Feeling' jam includes tags from 'Dirty Frank,' George Clinton's 'Atomic Dog' and ends with the middle verse from The Beatles' 'Golden Slumbers' ("Golden slumbers fill your eyes. Smiles awake you when you rise. Sleep pretty darling do not cry. and I will

06/06/92 - Finsbury Park Festival: London, England
Set: Wash, Once, Why Go, Jeremy, Deep, Alive, Black, State of Love and Trust, Even Flow, Porch
enc: Rockin' in the Free World
Amazing version of 'Black.' 'Even Flow' is dedicated to Dee from L7 as she "... hasn't had her period for nearly two months." Lyrics are modified to "... pillows made of Tampax." Ed encourages the crowd to tape shows. Hopping into the crowd during 'Porch,' Ed barely makes it back to the stage as security mistakes him for a stagediver.

07/11/93 - Finsbury Park: London, Englandset: Animal, Go, Once, Blood, Even Flow, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter, Alive/(Improv), Why Go, Leash, Porch/(Fuckin' Up/Tearing)
Ed expresses some concerns about disliking playing large venues like Finsbury. PJ seems to have difficulty finding their way back to 'Porch' after the 'Tearing' improv.

07/13/93 - Brixton Academy: London, England
attendance: 6,426
set: Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Blood, Dissident, Even Flow, Go, Animal, Black, Glorified G, Daughter, Alive, Rats, Porch, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Sonic Reducer, Once, Indifference
'Rats,' due for release in two months, has a funky opening. The start of 'Whipping' sounds almost reggae-like. Ed, offering some insight into 'Rearviewmirror,' explains "... listen to this song in a car really fast, driving away from someone you hate."

07/14/93 - Brixton Academy: London, England
attendance: 6,426
set: Release, Even Flow (song stopped), Blood, Animal, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Rearviewmirror, Beast of Burden/(Suck You Dry), Alive, Black, Go, Daughter/(W.M.A.), Porch/(Tearing), Once, Garden, Blues Jam/State of Love and Trust
enc 1: Leash, Fuckin' Up, Sonic Reducer
enc 2: Indifference

'Even Flow' is stopped until someone in the crowd who is down gets back up. Ed starts counting the people in front to see if everyone is all right. The Rolling Stones' 'Beast of Burden' is covered briefly, with the lyrics modified to "... all I want from you is to make love to me" with Ed clarifying that those are just lyrics and they don't really mean it. A little bluesy jam leads to 'Sonic Reducer'
The encore is introed as "Here are some Journey songs for you" as a review of the previous Finsbury Park show compared PJ to Journey. A solid show

10/28/96 - Wembley Arena: London, England
attendance: 11,000
set: Oceans, Last Exit, Animal, Spin the Black Circle, Hail Hail, Dissident, In My Tree, Corduroy, Elderly Woman, Not for You, Even Flow, Daughter/(Androgynous Mind), Jeremy, State of Love and Trust, Sometimes, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Alive, Blood, Porch
enc: Off He Goes, Better Man, Whipping, Smile, Leaving Here
The show begins with Ed stepping to the mic and saying, "The waiting drove me mad. This song's called 'Oceans.'" Ed is nursing his throat a bit, drinking tea between songs, but having to stretch a lot to hit notes. Ed leads into "In My Tree" with, "So far this feels nice and cozy. This ain't bad at all." 'Even Flow' features a cool little guitar intro and Mike's solo is brilliant! Jeff says "Lemme just say this is the most fun we've had in London before." Ed follows with a talk about how he was watching a TV show about how London dealt with sewage problems back in the 1600s, " ... the point being, you've had a lot of shit here for a long, long time--and just finally you're dealing with it." 'Blood' is a short, but very intense version. Introduced as " ... a request that came up from the front ... ," 'Smile' is played live before an audience for the first time.

10/29/96 - Wembley Arena: London, England
attendance: 11,000
set: Release, Last Exit, Animal, Hail Hail, Go, Tremor Christ, Sometimes, In My Tree, Corduroy, Better Man, Even Flow, Daughter/(Suck You Dry)/(Bull in the Heather), Footsteps, Jeremy, Lukin, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Alive
enc 1: Habit, I Got Shit, Once, State of Love and Trust, Present Tense
enc 2: Smile, Yellow Ledbetter
Apparently even a better show than the previous night in London, with PJ in good form, a good mood, a good setlist and a good crowd--opening with 'Release' in total darkness. Jeff and Ed are super on 'Footsteps' and 'Rearviewmirror' is lively. Later, Ed notes, "As far as I'm concerned, you've got a new reputation as good listeners; and this is one that we'd like to kinda share with you intimately" leading to 'Present Tense.' 'Smile' is played for a second time on this tour, and Ed jokes, "Last night we attempted to play this song ... about half way through, one of us messed up really bad. So tonight, we are going to attempt to play it perfectly, just for you. The sentiment in the song also applies." It is a very pretty version and he tosses his harmonica to the crowd at the end. Mike is sounding great, going wild during 'Corduroy' and 'Yellow Ledbetter' solos. Ed's concluding comments: "It's gonna be a while but we'll see you again ... London was one of the first places to kinda make Seattle kinda something interesting ... something you would listen to. Of course, now they trash us, but we don't give a fuck. You guys are great. Thank you."

DAMIT ICH KEINEN ÄRGER MIT DEM ANTIDISKRIMINIERUNGSBEAUFTRAGTEN DES FORUMS BEKOMME, DÜRFEN AUCH LONDON FAHRER TEILNEHMEN!!
« Letzte Änderung: 26. April 2006 um 14:29 von bobafett »
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #1 am: 18. April 2006 um 22:28
1. bluemoon (Mail) 26.04./ 01.05.
2. hari25 (Mail) 28.04./02.05.
3. sps (Mail)
4. sefie (Mail) 26.04./01.05.
5. Plitti (Mail) 28.04/01.05.
6. Maladroit (Mail) 6.5./8.5.
« Letzte Änderung: 08. Mai 2006 um 11:11 von bobafett »

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #2 am: 19. April 2006 um 16:42
Klopf klopf

Offline bluemoon

• vaf | Given To Fly
Antwort #3 am: 19. April 2006 um 16:44
1.bluemoon(ingrid.ludzuweit@t-online.de)

Online Hari25

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
Antwort #4 am: 19. April 2006 um 17:13
2.hari25 (circle-music@gmx.at)
18.6.00 Salzburg - 25.9.06 Wien -
16.6.07 Nova Rock - 30.6.10 Berlin -
26.6.12 Amsterdam, 30.6.12 Arras, 04.07.12 Berlin
20.6.14 Mailand, 22.6.14 Triest, 25.6.14 Wien
24.6.17 Firenze (EV)
24.6.18 Padova, 26.6.18 Rome
05.7.22 Kopenhagen, 12.7.22 Budapest, 20.7.22 Wien

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
  • Luke the Uke
Antwort #5 am: 19. April 2006 um 19:13
3. Sir Psycho Sexy (adrianbernasconi@hotmail.com)

Offline sefie

• vaf | Yellow Ledbetter
  • Oh dear!
Antwort #6 am: 19. April 2006 um 19:38
3. Sir Psycho Sexy (adrianbernasconi@hotmail.com)
4. sefie (evi_chan@web.de)

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #7 am: 20. April 2006 um 01:45

1. bluemoon (Mail)
2. hari25 (Mail)
3. sps (Mail)
4. sefie (Mail)

Die ersten Mails sind draußen.

Und es sind noch Plätze frei!!

Offline Stargazer

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
Antwort #8 am: 20. April 2006 um 17:03

An mir liegts nicht! Hätte ich nicht Teile davon schon gehabt, hätte ich wohl wieder zugegriffen...
I can watch and not take part where i end and where you start

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #9 am: 20. April 2006 um 17:39

An mir liegts nicht! Hätte ich nicht Teile davon schon gehabt, hätte ich wohl wieder zugegriffen...

Aber die einmalige Chance, alle Shows bis auf eine als FLAC File zu besitzen.

Offline Stargazer

• vaf | 1/2 Full
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
Antwort #10 am: 20. April 2006 um 17:40
Ich kann doch auch meine "normalen" Audio Dateien wieder zu FLAC konvertieren oder?
I can watch and not take part where i end and where you start

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #11 am: 20. April 2006 um 17:46
Ich kann doch auch meine "normalen" Audio Dateien wieder zu FLAC konvertieren oder?

Ja,
aber ich bin so sehr Laie, das ich Dir nicht sagen kann ob dabei ein Verlust entsteht (glaube aber nicht) oder was man dabei beachten muß, daher habe ich das bisher immer gelassen.

Wenn heute Abend die ersten Songs reinschneien, wird der ein oder andere noch Lust verspüren sich ein paar Live Shows anzuhören.

Offline plitti

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
Antwort #12 am: 20. April 2006 um 23:35
1. bluemoon (Mail)
2. hari25 (Mail)
3. sps (Mail)
4. sefie (Mail)
5. plitti
Wenn Du Schmetterlinge im Bauch willst steck Dir eine Raupe in den Arsch!

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
Antwort #13 am: 20. April 2006 um 23:40
1. bluemoon (Mail)
2. hari25 (Mail)
3. sps (Mail)
4. sefie (Mail)
5. Plitti (Mail)

Ich laß das nochmal bis Sonntag Abned offen, also falls noch jemand Interesse hat.

Offline maladroit

• vaf | Soon Forget
Antwort #14 am: 21. April 2006 um 14:57
Hallo,

bin ein wenig spät. Wäre aber auch noch gerne dabei.

Schönes Wochenende allerseits.