vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

Live from nowhere near you - Charity Album

Offline Tyler Durden

• vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • Nimm einen tiefen Zug, dann kannst Du gut kacken!
am: 24. Mai 2006 um 20:56
Gerade im Message Pit entdeckt:

Hi everyone. I wanted to drop you a line and let you know what’s going on with the benefit concept album “Live From Nowhere Near You, Volume One” www.nowherenearyou.com on which Mike and Stone appear.

Some of you might remember, the effort is a 75 minute music CD bringing together street musicians and professionals to tell a story of life on the streets (and to and from there) with all of the profits of the effort going directly to the street youth and homeless programs of charity ‘Outside In’. Professional contributors include artists like Spoon, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Mike McCready and Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam, director Gus Van Sant (singing and strumming guitar), the Presidents of the United States, Third Eye Blind, David Andrews of Calobo, the Five Fingers of Funk, Pete Miser with former Diana Ross drummer Mel Brown, STARS with Emily Haines of Metric, Kissing Book with Jen Sbragia of the Softies, Mic Crenshaw and Hungry Mob, The Robots, Scott Fisher, Greg Snell, and more. Joining them are some amazingly talented street musicians too… some of whom really should be called professionals in their own right. We huddled up to record the majority of the album in my attic studio and live on the streets.

The Mike McCready led track "Powerless", a punky little number that Mike plays guitar and does vocals on. Joining him are Stone on guitar, Chris Friel of the Rockfords on drums, and Cole Peterson of Sweetwater on bass.

Thanks to a whole lot of people, many of whom are here, the effort did amazingly well. The album got picked up for national distribution, raised some much needed money for the charity, and helped raise awareness for the cause by getting crazy press and attention from all over the world – the UK, Australia, Tokyo, Italy, France, Mexico, here in the US, everywhere... Billboard, Rolling Stone, Spin, Vice, Men’s Health (its good for you?), various Radio and TV stations, Howard Stern, MTV, Fuse, NME.com, local and national newspapers and writers, internet fan sites, online forums and communities that began mini movements, old and new friends helping to spread the word, YOU THE JAMILY, more…way too many people to mention here, so THANKS TO YOU ALL.

If you are still looking to get ‘Live From Nowhere Near You, Volume One’ (which I hope you do), please HURRY!! We are on our final pressing and the remaining handful of hundred copies left could be the very last of perhaps forever. Not only is the 75 minutes of music really good, it’s helping a worthwhile cause and charity, but it also lays claim as one of the rarest official releases for some of the artists who were generous enough to be involved (hello, collectors item!). It’s an independent effort unlike any other and I promise you that the music is fucking fantastic. AllMusic.com gave it a higher rating than the first Beatles album to hit the United States… not sure about that, but thanks!!

We’ve brought a lot of the copies back home to the pacific nw… but you can still order online at amazon.com and similar, via special order at most national retailers, and since I REALLY REALLY WANT YOU TO HAVE A COPY, I’ve set up a special deal at the pacific nw locations of Music Millennium stores where you can get the album for the super low price of $9 bucks - with about $7-8 of that going directly to the charity…that’s so low that you can have them mail it to you for essentially the price of a regular priced album bought in person at the retail store, without leaving your home! Wowza. So, what are you waiting for? Are you crazy, man?!? Call and order one at (503) 231-8926 or (503) 248-0163.

And, please…continue to tell your friends, your local music lover, other boards and forums that you visit, and so forth…

In the meantime, we’re going to continue working on Volume Two… more details on that later!

Thanks again for listening,
Kevin Moyer

Official Site with Music Samples: www.nowherenearyou.com
Outside In Charity: www.outsidein.org
All Music Review:http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...qp ouak3kam3l
Google Media Search Link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...harity+nowhere

Buy for $9.99 at Music Millennium locations: (503) 231-8926 or (503) 248-0163.
88/2511/244

Bis zum bitteren Ende.......95 ole!

"Man macht auch nicht in drei Tagen aus einer Würstchenbude eine Großraumdiskothek." (Norbert Meier)

Offline JustinCognito

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
Antwort #1 am: 28. Mai 2006 um 01:25
st doch jetzt shcon seit fast 2 Jahren draußen...Schade das es in Deutschland nciht zu bekommen war. Die mp3s klingen sehr gut
...from the heart of my bottom!