vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

In the Footsteps of Pearl Jam Book - English Translation Vote

Offline wulffeld

• vaf | Soon Forget
Hi

(I'm just going to copy paste what I just wrote on the vote page I link to further down) - And sorry for writing in English here. I can only read a little bit of German - enough to be able to register here  :D

--snip--
The Danish music magazine editor Henrik Tuxen wrote a book about Pearl Jam. The book named "I Pearl Jam's fodspor" was only published in Danish but due to great interest Henrik now wonders how big the interest for an English translation is. Basicly he doesn't want to print 10000 copies if there's an interest to buy only 2000. Hence the vote below.

The book is a story which begins in 1996 and tells of Henrik's personal relationship with the band from meeting band members, backstage accounts but centers around the Roskilde tragedy in 2000 where 9 young men lost their lives and Stone's visit to Denmark in 2003. Henrik and Stone travelled around to some of the families and friends of the victims in Denmark and Sweden.

Let me make this absolutely clear: Pearl Jam has no commercial affiliation with this book. They do not make money from the sales in any way. Also (though this is the personal opinion of me, Martin Wulffeld) the book is not about capitalizing on a tragedy and making a quick buck. Far from it. The author is deeply involved with the music scene in Denmark and the Roskilde Festival and simply felt that this was a story that should be told. Personally, having read the book, I'm glad that it was.
--snip--

Please vote at my site if this interests you:

http://www.allornone.org/in_the_footsteps_of_pearl_jam/

Offline Mindcrime

• vaf | Team-Mitglied
  • vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Too old to rock, too stoned to stop!
Antwort #1 am: 08. November 2006 um 08:37
Let me make this absolutely clear: Pearl Jam has no commercial affiliation with this book. They do not make money from the sales in any way. Also (though this is the personal opinion of me, Martin Wulffeld) the book is not about capitalizing on a tragedy and making a quick buck. Far from it.

This is the decisive completion, Martin to what was written in bugs about this book. Thanks for that! You know my opinion about it (just my 2 cents...), but maybe there will nevertheless be enough people who are interested in the story. For me it`s okay how it is.

Best wishes,
Thomas
vaf-Tipp-Meister 2004, 2016 / Sieger vaf-Kicktippliga 2005, 2006 / ConfedCup-Sieger 2005 / vaf-Pokalsieger 2012