vaf | vitalogy.de and fans [pearl-jam.de]

Eddie Vedder April Fools Tour 2008

Offline Dennis

• vaf | Given To Fly
Antwort #90 am: 25. März 2008 um 20:19
Angeblich hat Hans Vedder gestern eine Secret Show in Seattle abgeliefert. Keine Ahnung, ob das stimmt, aber das hat jemand im MP gepostet:

Zitat
Hi -
Just got back from the show and saw your message. No April Fool's trick. This is just a warm up for his solo tour. I am truly blessed to have been at this show. Small community center in West Seattle - just down the street from from Ed's place. I had bought the last of 50 tix sold at Easy Street (WS) and there were about 120+ people there. The other ES has some for sale and there were promo/label tickets also. It was billed as a 'Into The Wild Event' "wink, wink" - - 5 bucks! My friend who tipped me was already there in line with a few people. He secured a front row (folding chair) seats for a small group of us and they were serving beer. We were 5 feet away. After a while Ed came on stage for a one hour plus solo set. Opened with 'Walking The Cow' (love it) played accousic, electric, mandolin, electric uke and even banjo. 'Trouble' from Harold & Maude (Cat Stevens) and the closing song from that movie (the latter on banjo), Millworker (James Taylor), Around The Bend, I am Mine, Dead Man, No More, I Won't Back Down, songs from Into The Wild and closed with Bob Dylan's Forever Young. Killlllller poster for ('both') shows. Matt, the owner of Easy Street, even asked me if it made up for not being able to let me in when PJ played Easy Street (not even he could let me in / tight) and it of course did. No pix allowed and I doubt there will be a boot. I am somewhat friends with John, one of the sound guys (worked at Silver Platters) - he recorded it as they do all their shows. Ed is so cool! - He was wearing a Police T-shirt under his flannel, said he doesn't share his political views on stage (ha!) and said he was sorry for misleading us into thinking this was going to be a viewing of Into The Wild but not as bad as someone should feel about being misleading others into the Iraq war. (They did it to keep the show 'secret')

Gar nichts!  ;D
I think we have a grandios Saison gespielt!

Offline jobst

• Kastanienmädchen
  • vaf | Olympic Platinum
Antwort #91 am: 25. März 2008 um 20:40
@Dennis: Damit kann er ja nie den Abend füllen. Ich hasse Dich.
Karriere beendet.

Offline Dennis

• vaf | Given To Fly
Antwort #92 am: 25. März 2008 um 20:42

Zu Recht!  ;D

Offline springtime

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • it's (with) my blood
Antwort #93 am: 25. März 2008 um 20:49

Zu Recht!  ;D

dennis, wo ist denn eigentlich deine signatur?  ;)
...i wish you was the verb to trust and never let me down...

really hard to imagine´2012:-))) :
manchester-manchester-amsterdam-amsterdam-prag-berlin-berlin-stockholm-oslo-copenhagen-below the göltzschtalbridge

Offline Dennis

• vaf | Given To Fly
Antwort #94 am: 25. März 2008 um 20:52

Zu Recht!  ;D

dennis, wo ist denn eigentlich deine signatur?  ;)

Läuft!

Offline bobafett

• vaf | Man Of Golden Words
  • It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Me Back
Antwort #95 am: 26. März 2008 um 03:55
Angeblich hat Hans Vedder gestern eine Secret Show in Seattle abgeliefert. Keine Ahnung, ob das stimmt, aber das hat jemand im MP gepostet:

Zitat
Hi -
Just got back from the show and saw your message. No April Fool's trick. This is just a warm up for his solo tour. I am truly blessed to have been at this show. Small community center in West Seattle - just down the street from from Ed's place. I had bought the last of 50 tix sold at Easy Street (WS) and there were about 120+ people there. The other ES has some for sale and there were promo/label tickets also. It was billed as a 'Into The Wild Event' "wink, wink" - - 5 bucks! My friend who tipped me was already there in line with a few people. He secured a front row (folding chair) seats for a small group of us and they were serving beer. We were 5 feet away. After a while Ed came on stage for a one hour plus solo set. Opened with 'Walking The Cow' (love it) played accousic, electric, mandolin, electric uke and even banjo. 'Trouble' from Harold & Maude (Cat Stevens) and the closing song from that movie (the latter on banjo), Millworker (James Taylor), Around The Bend, I am Mine, Dead Man, No More, I Won't Back Down, songs from Into The Wild and closed with Bob Dylan's Forever Young. Killlllller poster for ('both') shows. Matt, the owner of Easy Street, even asked me if it made up for not being able to let me in when PJ played Easy Street (not even he could let me in / tight) and it of course did. No pix allowed and I doubt there will be a boot. I am somewhat friends with John, one of the sound guys (worked at Silver Platters) - he recorded it as they do all their shows. Ed is so cool! - He was wearing a Police T-shirt under his flannel, said he doesn't share his political views on stage (ha!) and said he was sorry for misleading us into thinking this was going to be a viewing of Into The Wild but not as bad as someone should feel about being misleading others into the Iraq war. (They did it to keep the show 'secret')

Interessanterweise wurde das Thema recht zügig vom 10c im MP gelöscht, da bin ich mal auf die vermeintlich zweite Show gespannt und ob dann hier genau so "zufällig" wie beim Easy Street Auftritt der gesamten Band ein Mitschnitt auftaucht.

Nette Coverversionen ansonsten, aber was bleibt ihm auch bei Minimum 70 Minuten Show und einem 15 Minuten Album im Gepäck anderes übrig. Aber Forever Young sollte doch bitte mal einen Weg auf einen Bootleg finden.
I go through all this before you wake up
So I can feel happier to be safe up here with you

Offline Dennis

• vaf | Given To Fly
Antwort #96 am: 26. März 2008 um 08:49
Hier die Setlisten, die Ed rausgeahauen hat. Wo bleibt Toulumme?

Monday 3/24:
walkin' the cow
around the bend
i am mine
dead man
society
no ceiling
far behind
rise
millworker
broken hearted (on guitar)
you're true
goodbye
trouble
picture in a frame
i wont back down
no more
if you want to sing out (on banjo!!)
forever young

Tuesday 3/25:
walkin' the cow
i am mine
dead man
society
no ceiling
i used to work in chicago
far behind
rise
millworker
broken hearted
you're true
goodbye
driftin' (with harmonica)
hide your love away (with harmonica)
guarenteed
picture in a frame
i wont back down
no more
growin' up (dedicated to Matt)
forever young

Offline Evenflow

• vaf | Olympic Platinum
  • Holy shit!!!!!! :-O
Antwort #97 am: 26. März 2008 um 09:28
Tolle sets die Eddie da spielt, wenn das so weiter geht, garantiert das für schöne Abende bei den glücklichen Kartenbesitzern!  :) (Around the Bend und Foreyer Young kann der gute Eddie auch mal bei nem Pre-Set und vor allem in meiner Anwesenheit auspacken...  ;).
11/12+13/14  VAF-Kicktipp Sieger

2006 - Berlin
2007 - Düsseldorf
2009 - Rotterdam, Berlin
2010 - Nijmegen, Berlin
2012 - Prag, Berlin 1, Stockholm
2014 - Mailand, Triest, Berlin
2018 - London 1, Prag, Berlin, London 2
2022 - Berlin, Frankfurt, (Prag, AMS1😢), Amsterdam 2

Offline bobafett

Antwort #98 am: 26. März 2008 um 11:56
Und so schaut das Poster zu der Veranstaltung aus:

Click

Detail

Ein weiterer Obama Hinweis

Offline Evenflow

• vaf | Olympic Platinum
Antwort #99 am: 26. März 2008 um 12:07
Oje oje... finde das Ding ausgesprochen hässlich muß ich gestehen!  :P

Diese komische Kriegs/Freidensbewegungsromantik geht ja noch, aber die Verbindung mit der Klampfe (soll wohl irgendwie an Johnny Cash erinnern) geht IMO gar nicht... und von den Farben bzw. dem Motiv an sich bin ich auch eher abgeschreckt. Schade, man hätte grade mit der ITW - Thematik ein paar wirklich schöne Poster kreieren können... etwas mehr naturfokussiert.
« Letzte Änderung: 26. März 2008 um 12:12 von Evenflow »

2006 - Berlin
2007 - Düsseldorf
2009 - Rotterdam, Berlin
2010 - Nijmegen, Berlin

Offline bruetschi

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵
Antwort #100 am: 26. März 2008 um 12:09

Katastrophe würde es auch ganz gut treffen !
vaf-Tipp-Meister 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015

Offline stamson

• vaf | (in)Habit(ant)
  • Got some if you need it
Antwort #101 am: 26. März 2008 um 12:24

Diese komische Kriegs/Freidensbewegungsromantik geht ja noch, aber die Verbindung mit der Klampfe (soll wohl irgendwie an Johnny Cash erinnern) geht IMO gar nicht... und von den Farben bzw. dem Motiv an sich bin ich auch eher abgeschreckt. Schade, man hätte grade mit der ITW - Thematik ein paar wirklich schöne Poster kreieren können... etwas mehr naturfokussiert.

Das könnte auch einfach bedeuten, dass Eddie mit einer Gitarre auf der Bühne sitzt

von wem ist denn das Poster wohl. Hat was von Jason Goad finde ich
Der Kunde kommt zum Käufer Tour 2010.
Es hat nie ein Ende

Offline Evenflow

• vaf | Olympic Platinum
Antwort #102 am: 26. März 2008 um 12:28
Naja, mir gings auch um die Pose an sich, aber vielleicht interpretiere ich da auch zu viel rein. Mal abwarten was noch kommt an Postern, aber wenn das so weiter geht, haben die Ladenhüterpotential falls die mal im TC-Sale landen.

2006 - Berlin
2007 - Düsseldorf
2009 - Rotterdam, Berlin
2010 - Nijmegen, Berlin

Offline Pascal

• vaf | (In) Thin Air
Antwort #103 am: 26. März 2008 um 12:28
Kann mir das bitte wenn möglich mal jemand als "screenshot" posten ? Ich kann von hier den Link leider nicht öffnen.

Herzlichen Dank vorab und Grüßle

Offline bobafett

Antwort #104 am: 26. März 2008 um 12:34

Das könnte auch einfach bedeuten, dass Eddie mit einer Gitarre auf der Bühne sitzt

von wem ist denn das Poster wohl. Hat was von Jason Goad finde ich

Brad Klausen, das erste Poster ist auch schon bei Ebay drin.